DVD playback softwares with...?

vbimport

Are there any DVD playback softwares that have either “Random” play and/or fade in and out features just like cd softwares do?

Never checked, but winamp is able also to play movies, and winamp have “random” play and “fade” functions. Give it a try.

Moreover, also windows media player should have a shuffle option for playback if I’m not wrong

Nero showtime is excellent for playing multiple filetypes from a playlist, this is a screeny from showtime that comes with Nero 7 premium.

It even manages to play from iso images. Cool or what ? :cool:

Thanks for the links, will look into Winamp first [since it appears to have the 2 features I am looking for] and report back here. Got this link from the Videohelp.com forum

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC is an excellent video player that accepts almost any type of file. From my experience, Winamp’s video capabilities pretty much suck. For DVD movies, I use Nero ShowTime. Found it pretty solid so far. Oh and I don’t use Windows Media Player for anything :wink:

Just checked: also powerdvd have a shuffle function

And I tested winamp: I agree with [B]sweetleaf[/B]: video playback is not the very best

Alright, to sum this up, PowerDVD seems to be the best bet concerning both quality and a shuffle feature so only the “fade” is left out?

powerdvd don’t have fade :frowning:

If you need fade only for audio files you can use winamp for it, and powerdvd for video only :iagree:

I use powerdvd but nero works as well.
Bruce