Dvd playback problems

First off, I have read everything I could about this issue. Couldn’t find too much that was specific to my question.

I reformatted my computer about a year ago. This is when I installed my dvd player and i got some software like dvd shrink and decrypter. All my dvds seemed to copy just fine. But then all the sudden I some would stop playing in my dvd player. I haven’t changed any of the variables such as different dvds or anything. Then recently I reformatted again. They started to burn GREAT again. Then after a while it tapered off and started getting worse until none work in my dvd player. They still do work in some dvd players, just not mine anymore…

So any ideas guys? Any help would be much appreciated…

Aaron

[quote=oldschoolvdub;2059962]First off, I have read everything I could about this issue. Couldn’t find too much that was specific to my question.

I reformatted my computer about a year ago. This is when I installed my dvd player and i got some software like dvd shrink and decrypter. All my dvds seemed to copy just fine. But then all the sudden I some would stop playing in my dvd player. I haven’t changed any of the variables such as different dvds or anything. Then recently I reformatted again. They started to burn GREAT again. Then after a while it tapered off and started getting worse until none work in my dvd player. They still do work in some dvd players, just not mine anymore…

So any ideas guys? Any help would be much appreciated…

Aaron[/quote]
I dont think it has anything to do with a reformatting of your hdd, try booktyping your +DVDs to DVD-Rom, or look for another program that conflicts with your computer.

what exactly is back typing? And how would I go about finding a conflicting program. I know I found something that was conflicting for bitcomet. It was called nvidia firewall and I can’t figure out how to get rid of it. (sorry i’m kind of a newb… )

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If you burn a disc while bitcomet is running, and if you save files in the same HDD where you save data to be burned on a DVD, this is certainly a cause of problems.

In fact, when more than a software access to hard disk and the HDD is not enough fast to satisfy all requests, this can cause slowing during the burn, and this can hugely increase the amount of errors on the burned media.

Try to disable any unnecessary software when you burn.

There is a very simple way to see if something wrong happen during the burning process. Can you run the “Write disc Test” with cd-dvd speed?

Create an ISO file with DVD Shrink and save it on hard disk. Then tun cd-dvd speed, and select the “Create disc” tab. Then select both the “burn image” (and also “simulate” if you don’t want waste a disc) options, select a burning speed, and finally press the start button.

At the end, save the screen pressing the little button with a floppy disc near the start button and save the image (as PNG possibly). Finally, post the picture here :slight_smile:

Try the same test both with bitcomet running and with any unnecessary software stopped, so we can see if this makes difference :slight_smile:

You can find more information about booktype here :slight_smile: