DVD playback problems

vbimport

I have Nero Showtime and PowerDVD installed. After ripping a movie to my hard drive when I try to playback with Powerdvd I am not hearing any voices I can hear background music.
If I use Showtime I can hear everything.
How can I get full playback with Powerdvd?

Next Problem. I usually rip with Nero Recode,Shrink or Clonedvd. If I rip with any other program I cannot playback the files from the video_ts folder.
Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Any help appreciated
Thanks

I will assume for the moment that your ripping a css protected movie. What are you runnung in the background to decode the protection. AnyDVD?? Any program that properly rips a movie into your hard drive folder VIDEO_TS should be ok. You should be able to open your movie player and show it the files and play. I would think that it’s not an issue of PowerDVD since it does play files from ShrinkDVD, and CloneDVD2. CloneDVD2 dosn’t require an aspi layer to be installed. Nero has their own thats only good for nero. Do you have aspi v4.71 or aspi v4.60 installed?? If you don’t know download aspichk from the web.:iagree:

Thanks for your response.
I am using Anydvd.
<I would think that it’s not an issue of PowerDVD since it does play files from ShrinkDVD, and CloneDVD2.> It does not, I can only hear the background music not the voices.