DVD playback problem only with certain players

Hi there, i recently purchased a NEC 3540, i’m using Benq DVD+R’s, i’ve set the bitype to make sure burning a DVD+R gets burnt as a DVD-ROM.

However, i can playback the burnt DVD’s fine on my player, whereas friends that try the same DVD have playback problems. No menu appearing, and the picture is squeezed into a corner, or appears almost stretched and overlapping.

Could this be a media problem ? I’ve not tried any other media, but i make sure i burn at the lowest speed.

Should i try a DVD-R ?

I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and have resolved it somehow ?

Thanks

Having the same problems myself. I backed up a movie using both dvddecrypter, shrink and decrypter, shrink and dvdclone2, shrink and roxio, shrink and nero on to Verbatim -R these did not work on my JVC player, +R did not work, datawrite -R did not work. A friend copied on to -R ridisc these played ok in my DVD so tried ridisc on my burn but still no good. My discs do not play in mt friends DVD player. Got some +R imagination discs YES!!! these workd on my player but not in my friends. All disc play ok in the PC. Got a Sony NS52P as an xmas present for my mum and all disc play ok except the datawrite yellows (which I have been told are S***t).

Having the same problems myself. I backed up a movie using both dvddecrypter, shrink and decrypter, shrink and dvdclone2, shrink and roxio, shrink and nero on to Verbatim -R these did not work on my JVC player, +R did not work, datawrite -R did not work. :sad:

A friend copied on to -R ridisc these played ok in my DVD so tried ridisc on my burner but still no good. :sad:

Non of my discs do play in my friends DVD player. Got some +R imagination discs YES!!! these worked on my player :smiley: but not in my friends. :doh:

All disc play ok in the PC. All Dual layer discs work ok. Got a Sony NS52P as an xmas present for my mum and ALL disc play ok :smiley: except the datawrite yellows (which I have been told are S***t). :Z
Sorry I can’t help you but you may want to try another player before writting off the media, though media is important.