DVD Playback issue

Hi.

I have a problem playing backed up dvd with my dvd player, what happens is that the video will play for a while and then the screen will stop.
The dvd player is an lg rc199h the unit I am using to backup dvd’s is a samsung sh-s162 L

I have used dvdshrink, shrinkto5 (this software crashes a lot), and nero recode.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Thanks for the help.

Hello inkakiev. welcome to CDF :flower:

At first glance, this looks like a media issue…what media are you using?

Download CD-DVD Speed (or find it in the Nero Toolkit), pop one of the discs in, and post the MID info (under the “Disc Info” tab).

:slight_smile:

Fujifilm is what I am using right now, but have used memorex, sony, etc. Oh Fujifilm is dvd+r (rw)
I’ll run the tool and post the results.
Thanks.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R
Book Type : DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: : unknown
MID : PRODISC R05 (001)
Write speeds: : 4 X - 8 X - 12 X - 16 X
Blank Capacity : n/a
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Write strategies : n/a
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
Physical Format Information (00h)
0000 - 01 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 25 D8 6F 00 00 00 00 - …%.o…
0010 - 00 00 07 50 52 4F 44 49 53 43 00 52 30 35 01 38 - …PRODISC.R05.8
0020 - 23 54 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - #T
0030 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - …

I would guess that your Samsung burner doesn’t like those Prodisc R05.

I’d recommend trying some Verbatim media and see how you go, as they’re usually very well supported in firmware.

Alternatively, there may be a firmware upgrade that would help your burner support those Prodisc a bit better.

Thank you Arachne, I’ll see if there is a new release for the burner (doubt it, this one even does lightscribe!) but I gotta keep on trying, is really anoying to have to stop the lg in the middle of playback, eject DVD and reload so the video can play from the last position (does not allways work) :a

There is another option - what speed are you burning your discs at?

:slight_smile:

I tried from 4x to 16x does not seem to make a difference. I am going to get an lg dvd burner and see if that will make a difference. There is a special in a store near here, it also has lightscribe! not that I am going to use it, what is the point? hehe

Thanks for your help!!

Inkakiev
Sunny So. Cal.

Hehe, I like LG burners ;)…and no problem at all, I just wish there was a quick solution!

Check back later, there’s a guy here named chef who knows a fair bit about Samsung burners, maybe he can shed some light!

Even if you buy a new burner though, do try some Verbatims on your Samsung - you might find your problems magically go away :wink:

But, but, but I still have a spool of the Fujis… (100)

Hehe…let’s see if chef or some other kind soul has any suggestions :wink:

I don’t chef saw the post. I got the lg and backed up a video that was chocking my player, seems that it is going to work well this time.
:bow:

Yeah, I’m surprised chef didn’t see it!

Congrats on that nice new LG :D…and I’m glad things sorted themselves out, if not in the way I had thought LOL :bigsmile: