Dvd play back (LG DR787T)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG DR787T. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]:bow:After burning a dvd with “Any DVD/Clone DVD” software, the DVD will not play in any of ny dvd players, I have a LG Dvd player, and i have a Sansui VHS/Dvd combo player. The only player the dvd will work on is my daughters Magnavox TV/DVD combo set.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Most of times this issue is caused by a bad burned disc, and most of times this is due to a low quality disc. Try again to burn on a Verbatim, this should solve :slight_smile:

Try also to not burn at the max speed. For 16x certified discs, usually the best option is burning at 12x or 8x, not faster nor slower.

Thanks for responding, and yes i am using the Verbatium +R Dvds

I wonder if the problem is actually the wrong burning speed. It happens rather often that a 16x certified disc (even a high quality one) gives bad results if burned too slowly.

Do you have a liteon burner in your computer? Or a friend owning a liteon burner? In this way you can check the burned discs and see if it is actually an issue due to a bad burning.

Another possibility is updating the firmware on the LG recorder, but I have no idea how to do this :frowning:

I really don’t know, it’s a Sony burner i’ve had it for about 3 1/2 years

[QUOTE=dray;2186822]I really don’t know, it’s a Sony burner i’ve had it for about 3 1/2 years[/QUOTE]

:eek: In the first post it is reported the following:

This thread is about the LG DR787T.

Now I’m officially confused :stuck_out_tongue:

If the burner you are using is not the aforementioned LG, then the answer is age: a 3 1/2 years old drive is not exactly the best to burn last generation supports. Try to update the firmware, but probably this will not solve anyway.

I’m afraid that the only solution is to get a new burner :frowning: