Dvd platnum problem with latest version of nero encoder

vbimport

I am trying to backup my sons Curious George DVD. I want to put in on a single layer dvd. I keep using my dvd platnum full disk copy with dvd(9) chosen so there is no compression. When the program tells me to insert a Dvd, I cancel and then try to use nero encode to shrink the Dvd(9) TS-Video to Dvd(5). The reason being, I think that I will get better quality using nero encode since it is an upgraded dvd shrink. The program analysis the data with no problem, but it gives me an error after encoding ::
NeroAPI
3:42:29 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation started

3:42:29 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -24 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1309
[SIZE=2]One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file.
3:42:29 PM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 285
DVD-Video files reallocation failed

3:42:29 PM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 218
Failed to realloc DVD video filesn error at the end of encoding.

has anyone else had a similar problem

Try changing the dvd9 to dvd 5 on DVDFAb and then you can use a SL also it will show you how much compression, Myself I have had great copies with 53%, DVD9 is DL disk
Jim

If I use DVD 5 instead the the file I get is already compressed and I wanted to use nero to do the compression.

Some people have had problems with Nero working with DVDFAB, besides Nero isn’t going to compress it any better than FAB but each to their own I guess, good luck
Jim

Hi xraymarc
Like Jim said if you don not want compression then you will have to use a DVD9 disc, you can’t put like 5 or 6 Gigs of memory onto a 4.7 Gig disc with out compression

Tim

Hi, Excuse me for buttin in. I just checked and see that Curious Gaorge is only 88 minutes long. Should fit on a DVD5 in Main Movie mode at 100% if you don"t giving up extras and such.

Ron

You could use fab and save as an ISO, load it to nero image drive then you can use recode(I have done it).
P.S. I do not see any quality difference on a 50 inch plasma,like was said before to each his own.

I used dvdfab to clone an iso but then could not figure out how to use nero to encode an iso image of curious george–does not give me the option to use iso n my hard drive. How do you use a nero image drive?

Open nero image drive,enable it,chose either drive,open file(iso),then nero sees it just like any optical drive.I hope this helps.

Boy seems like a long way to go when DVDFAB can do the whole thing just as good instead of these extra steps, but thats just my thought
Jim