Dvd platinum creates useless copies on Vista

vbimport

Hello

I bought dvd platinum to back up my dvds (tv series and talks) but I end up with useless copies.

dvdfab reads, compacts and writes the dvds without a problem but when I insert on my dvd player the dvd either gets stuck on the menu or plays for a second and then stops. I have no problem to backup movies dvd though.

Any ideas of what is going on?

Many thanks

Ed

PS. dvd fab plat 4.0.5 on Vista home premium, VAIO notebook.

[QUOTE=emamm;1997095]Hello
I bought dvd platinum to back up my dvds (tv series and talks) but I end up with useless copies.
dvdfab reads, compacts and writes the dvds without a problem but when I insert on my dvd player the dvd either gets stuck on the menu or plays for a second and then stops. I have no problem to backup movies dvd though.
Any ideas of what is going on?
Many thanks
Ed
PS. dvd fab plat 4.0.5 on Vista home premium, VAIO notebook.[/QUOTE]

Hello Ed welcome to the forum
Have you read the Guide on how to use DVDFab :confused: if not you can get to the Tutorial by clicking on the [B]?[/B] on the main screen of DVDFab when you start the program
Also would help if we knew what settings you are using for write this does play a big factor on the playback
also what brand and type are the blank media you are using this to is a factor

Sorry by I had to register again. Cdfreaks won’t reset my password.

Yes, I read the manual and especially dvd-> full (four times). Before reading the manual, I did a couple of backups for some of my dvds. No problem at all.

I have noticed that if I turn PathPlayer, dvdfab will run trying to get the info form the dvd forever. I had to turn it off to get the dvd info. After that the “shrink” process went ok but, as I said, the copy is useless. Not even my Vista can read the disk. I tried different medias and the same occur.

Ed

also try updating as you are behind on the latest version which is 4.0.6.2

Are you using DVD-R’s or DVD+R’s?

I find that DVD+R’s are more compatible across the board.

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 series running Vista and haven’t had any problems. Of course I haven’t tried DVD-R’s but see no reason since DVD+R’s have worked so well.

Good luck.