DVD Platinum 5 wont close in Task Manager

vbimport

Win XP 4 gb ram
Intel Dual core 8500
3.16 gb Corsair ram.
Asus P5E mobo.
DVD Platinum V5100 with a DVD Platinum serial number.
nvidia GTS 8800 graphics.

When I exit DVD Platinum on the desktop it is not removed from the Task Manager and when I shut down the PC I get the popup that DVDFab wont end.

Some times I have to click the popup up to 3 times before it finally closes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it many times, I use Actonis True Image to make images so I used it to try DVDPlatinum in SP2 and SP3 with no fix.
I emailed support who advised me to uninstall & reinstall but I have done that.

In the task manager I right clicked on the DVD Platinmum entry and selected affinity, I deselected the entry CPU1 but it did not help, then I deselected CPU0 but did not work.

I am at a loss on this, anyone any ideas please.

thanks in advance.

Never had this happen to DVDFab. Running SP3 on a dual core here, and IE6 did this yesterday (multiple clicks on End Now button required) after windows got its latest injection of fixes and updates earlier in the day. If you are not letting DVDFab finish its housekeeping, i.e. trying to close it with dialog boxes displayed or before clicking “Finish” it might be a factor.

I forgot to mention that I did clean uninstalls.

Yes, I did allow DVD Platinum plenty of time to finish its housekeeping, a couple of times up to 1 hour before I tried to shutown the PC.
thanks for the reply.

[quote=Nodder;2142624]I forgot to mention that I did clean uninstalls.

Yes, I did allow DVD Platinum plenty of time to finish its housekeeping, a couple of times up to 1 hour before I tried to shutown the PC.
thanks for the reply.[/quote]
Next time you run DVDFab disconnect from the internet and see what happens :smiley:

Did not work.
I had DVDFab installed in my F: partition, so I did another
clean uninstall then installed it in C:

Same result.

[quote=Nodder;2142967]Did not work.
I had DVDFab installed in my F: partition, so I did another
clean uninstall then installed it in C:

Same result.[/quote]
When you did a clean uninstall using the guide below did you do every step including a registry cleanup ?.

Storm Jumper >When you did a clean uninstall using the guide below did you do every step including a registry cleanup ?

Yes I did, I use RegSupreme Pro, and I use Webroot Washer to remove junk then O&O Defragmenter.

Just to see what would happen, I ran DVDFab and closed it.
Then I ran it again and closed it.
I did that again then I looked in the Task Manager and there were 3
DVD FAbs, I closed all 3.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I restored a True Image of XP Pro when only the hardware and essential programs were installed, that is, anti-virus etc but nothing else and then activated.

Same result. So its not any programs I have installed causing it.
I also went through the Services to see if something there might cause but no.

I have just had a thought (very painfull). I have another hard drive with XP Pro on it, this I use for my 2 Train Simulators.
There is nothing else installed on it.
I use a lovely Hard Drive Caddy to swap drives, its SATA only.
It does not use a tray, all I have to do is open the little door, slide out the drive, slide in the other drive, close and lock the door and thats it.
This is it, it is in a UK store but it gives you an idea of what it is like if anyone is interested.

I’m off to do it. CU soon.
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3814.html

I’ve been and gone and went and done it.

DVDFab worked as it should, no entries in the Task Manager.
There are only the 2 Train Sims installed so I’ll use that XP Pro installation
and install my programs etc in it.

I would not be without True Image because I can restore images and do what I am about to do now. I very strongly recommend it or a similar program.
You get a problem with your instalation, just restore it.

thanks for all your assistance, very much appreciated.