Dvd photos

vbimport

Is there any way I can download pictures on to a dvd so that I can watch it on my dvd player and not the computer.

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

I’m sorry, but your question isn’t clear. Are you talking about downloading the photos from a camera?

You need software like Nero or IMGburn in order to burn DVDs, and your DVD player needs to support the format that the photos are stored in such as JPEG.

I downloaded the photos from my digital camera on to kodak easy share (a holiday overseas) and then created a disc through windows live movie maker but would like to view them through my dvd player on to my HDTV but do not know what programme I need to do this, I can only view them through my computer. I asked a computer shop is there a programme that allows me to do this and was told slide show cannot be put on to a dics to be viewed through a hdtv I thought this sounded wrong and would like to know if there is a way

[QUOTE=mctb;2474936]t I asked a computer shop is there a programme that allows me to do this and was told slide show cannot be put on to a dics to be viewed through a hdtv I thought this sounded wrong and would like to know if there is a way[/QUOTE]

The shop gave you bad information. I don’t use Movie Maker, but did you select to create a slideshow? If you would like to try a different program here are a couple of freeware apps that will work.

http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/
http://www.photofilmstrip.org/home.html

Much as I like to mallign M$, Photostory 3, their free slideshow software is easy to use and produces quality output. Also check the manual for your DVD player; you may just be able to write all your jpgs to a data DVD and then play it in your DVD player.

Slainte

midders

[QUOTE=midders;2475094]Much as I like to mallign M$, Photostory 3, their free slideshow software is easy to use and produces quality output[/QUOTE]
I take it all back! On further examination, the output from pstory3 was extremely naff (soft and blurry)! I’m not sure why.

Windows Movie Maker produced much higher quality output, but I ran into trouble to start with by trying to feed it images already prepared to 720x576 (PAL resolution). Feed it images in the correct aspect ratio for your project and it has no problems.