DVD pc game disc read issue

Hello everyone, was hoping that someone can help me. I just bought The Settlers6 pc game, tried playing it and my dvdrom wouldnt read it. Comes up with the message “E: not accessible, The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. I thought it may be the game itself but I took it back to where I bought it and they had no problems loading it and even gave me another copy.

My dvdrom still plays dvd movies but doesnt seem to want to read this one. I tried uninstalling the dvd drive in the device manager and restarting the pc but it still came up with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated…cheers

[QUOTE=Stewie1978;1929467]Hello everyone, was hoping that someone can help me. I just bought The Settlers6 pc game, tried playing it and my dvdrom wouldnt read it. Comes up with the message “E: not accessible, The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable”. I thought it may be the game itself but I took it back to where I bought it and they had no problems loading it and even gave me another copy.

My dvdrom still plays dvd movies but doesnt seem to want to read this one. I tried uninstalling the dvd drive in the device manager and restarting the pc but it still came up with the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated…cheers[/QUOTE]

Hi Stewie
Welcome to CD Freaks have you cheeked to see if there is an update for your DVD drive post what your type of drive and the firmware