DVD Pauses

I am an absolute newbie
Am making a Memorial Video for my sister - DVD slideshow with music.
It looks very good and I can play it on my PC - No problem.
But
When I play it on my DVD, it always stops playing at 8m 45s. One of the DVD’s I made managed to loop a 2nd time. Thought I was home free, but oops…on the 2nd loop it stopped at 8m 45 s

I’ve tried changing audio files and deleting the photo that displayed when it stopped playing.

If I hit the forward button on the DVD player, it will begin playing again but…
I need to keep going.

Thank you
Jeri

What program did you use to create the slideshow? How fast did you burn? What brand of blank disks are you using? When you say it looks good on the pc do you mean the DVD or playing from your hard drive before you burn?

Nero Vision - It is part of Nero v. 8
Jeri

Welcome to the forum :bigsmile:

It seems an issue due to a bad burned disc.

As already pointed by Whappo, what discs did you use?

At what speed did you burn?

What burner do you have?

Did you check if the burner has already latest firmware available?

[QUOTE=jerifk;2232978]Nero Vision - It is part of Nero v. 8
Jeri[/QUOTE]

And the rest?

what discs did you use?
Tried on
Verbatim DVD+R RW -
and
TDX DVD-R

At what speed did you burn?
Audio format: Automatic
Sample format: Automatic
Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)
Nero SmartEncoding: Automatic
And…

What burner do you have?
Destination Device: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L (Capabilities: 002AC017)

Maybe this info helps.
Video mode: NTSC
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Aspect ratio: 4:3
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Quality: Custom (8000 kbit/s)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Resolution: 720 x 480 (CCIR-601 D1)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Sample format: Progressive
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Video format: MPEG-2
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Audio format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2.0
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Audio SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %
[06:49:47] ExpressUI - Video SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Just prior to this info in the log - This info is found.,…where everything seems set to Automatic.

Project type: DVD-Video
[06:49:47] ExpressUI — Project video options —
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Video mode: NTSC
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Aspect ratio: Automatic
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Quality: Automatic (fit to disc) (5073 kbit/s)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Resolution: Automatic
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Sample format: Automatic
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Video format: MPEG-2
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Audio format: Automatic
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Nero SmartEncoding: Automatic
[06:49:47] ExpressUI — Project space information —
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Media type: DVD (4700000000 bytes maximum capacity)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Total space used: 0.60 out of 4.38 GB (Quality: Excellent)
[06:49:47] ExpressUI Space used for menus: 0.5 out of 1024.0 MB

As you can see…I have an idea what you’re talking about but…Am unsure of where to find the information you asked for.
Hope this is sufficient.

Thank you

Jeri

[QUOTE=jerifk;2232932]I am an absolute newbie
Am making a Memorial Video for my sister - DVD slideshow with music.
It looks very good and I can play it on my PC - No problem.
But
When I play it on my DVD, it always stops playing at 8m 45s. One of the DVD’s I made managed to loop a 2nd time. Thought I was home free, but oops…on the 2nd loop it stopped at 8m 45 s

I’ve tried changing audio files and deleting the photo that displayed when it stopped playing.

If I hit the forward button on the DVD player, it will begin playing again but…
I need to keep going.

Thank you
Jeri[/QUOTE]
Well it seems you have done all the right things, but have you tried it [B]another[/B] DVD player? Have you sent it to your sister to see if it plays in her’s?

Fire up Nero CD-DVD Speed (it may be called Nero DiscSpeed) and try a [B]Transfer Rate Test[/B] on your burn.

You’ll want to see a fairly clean line (it doesn’t have to be quite this perfect):

Something like this shows a bad media to burner match. This is the wrong media for this burner. This disc will probably cause problems in many players.

You could try saving your Nero Vision project to a Folder, instead of burning direct. Check it in your computer then use ImgBurn (free) in ‘Build’ Mode to do your finally burn. This will help determine if it’s a Nero burning problem.

Do note that RW’s can be problematic for many players and in the final wash it may simply be a matter of the TDK discs you are using. As was noted sometimes burn speeds come into play, especially with media that is not a good match for your burner. If these are 16X discs try burning at 8X.

Try it on a different DVD player. I created a DVD slideshow that played wonderfully on my DVD player. Then, I gave it to my friend (I made it for her) and it wouldn’t play on her DVD player. It played slow or got hung up while the music continued to play. They bypassed their DVD player and played it using Playstation and then it played wonderfully.

So, the problem wasn’t the disc or the burn or the slideshow, it was their player. That might be what’s going on here.

Lisa

[QUOTE=Lisa1515;2308293]Try it on a different DVD player. I created a DVD slideshow that played wonderfully on my DVD player. Then, I gave it to my friend (I made it for her) and it wouldn’t play on her DVD player. It played slow or got hung up while the music continued to play. They bypassed their DVD player and played it using Playstation and then it played wonderfully.

[B]So, the problem wasn’t the disc or the burn or the slideshow, it was their player. [/B] That might be what’s going on here.

Lisa[/QUOTE]
A bit of an oversimplification. It could very well be either the burn or tequnique. A different brand of disc, a different burn speed, a different disc format (-R vs. +R), bitsetting of +R could all influence playability.