DVD overburning

A few months ago, I bought a Nec AD-7201A Drive!
In the AD-7200S review, I saw this drive writes in overburning.

My AD-7201A have 1.09 firmware w/ bitsetting…
I tried writing a disc a Verbatim DVD+R 16X (TY) in overburning… but the writing has failed!

Do tell me if the NEC AD-7201A is able to write really overburning?
How and what drives firmware?
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Cobra70

[quote=cobra70;2227248]Do tell me if the NEC AD-7201A is able to write really overburning?[/quote] Overburning CD-R media: Yes.
Overburning any kind of DVD media: No.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2227299]Overburning CD-R media: Yes.
Overburning any kind of DVD media: No.[/QUOTE]

Why not?
Watch the test at the end of the page of this review!
As we can see, the drive supports a bit of overburning of DVD recordable media, according to CDSpeed.
The test certainly refers to two dvd and not the cd!

Cobra70

[quote=cobra70;2227677]Why not?
Watch the test at the end of the page of this review!
As we can see, the drive supports a bit of overburning of DVD recordable media, according to CDSpeed.[/quote] The conclusion in that review is wrong - the Optiarc AD-5200/7200 series cannot overburn any DVD media.

The CDSpeed overburning test can NOT be trusted when running in simulation mode. A real burning test is needed, and a real overburning attempt on these drives will fail.

Thanks for the clarification!

On cdrinfo.com there are two test!
Both relate to writing a MCC03RG20 Verbatim (DVD-R 16X) at 20X with NEC AD-7200S fw 1:05!

First test: Very nice writing quality again, now with the Verbatim MCC disc.
Second test: The POF error rate is totally messed up. Another bad burn.

How do I trust?
This is not the first time that feedback errors in reviews … sometimes very obvious!
:a
Cobra70

[quote=cobra70;2227695]First test: Very nice writing quality again, now with the Verbatim MCC disc.
Second test: The POF error rate is totally messed up. Another bad burn.

How do I trust?[/quote] This could be due to variations in the media used (two different batches used for the two tests), variations between two Optiarc AD-7200S drives, variation due to a drive heating up, or other random variation.

Burning at 16x and faster is a hit-and-miss excercise.