DVD or Media issues finding quality Nero with CD DVD Speed

vbimport

Hi there,

Can anyone help with this odd error?
I have bought some Verbatim MKM-003 8x DL DVD’s as recommended on here and I want to see the quality of the burns.

ImageBurn burns the perfectly (no coasters in 8 burns) and verification is good. I can also copy all the files off them successfully.

My problem is with Nero CD DVD Speed. (I have edited the registry to remove the Pioneer lock).

When I do a quality test it happily chugs away at around 99% quality with low errors and looks great.
Troubles start when it hits what should be the layer change point and BANG, the errors go into the millions and my PC starts to stalling. It never gents to the next layer.

I have grabbed a screenie for reference. A few seconds before this was taken, the PI errors were averaging around 4 and the failures were ones and twos. Quality was around 99%.

CD speed is 4.07 and I’m using a Pioneer 112D on 1.24.

Anyone got any ideas?

There is a reason why scanning support for Pioneer drives was removed.

Because the results it shows are completely useless :wink:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you or a friend have a BenQ or LiteOn drive you can use to scan those discs?

Run a Transfer Rate Test of the disc on your Pioneer and post it here.

However if you can copy all the files back to your HDD successfully using your Pioneer then I wouldn’t worry. Those are very good discs, and Pioneer drives are usually great DL burners.

Lastly, I agree with Womi…Pioneer scan results aren’t the most trustworthy, compared to LiteOn or BenQ.

Damn :frowning:

Would have liked to know the quality of the second layer.
Not too bothered if it verifies and reads back OK :slight_smile:

I have two Pioneers, the 112D and and older 109 so it’s not possible.

When you say transfer rate test Arachne, do you mean a benchmark test on Nero Speed or some separate software?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2121748]Lastly, I agree with Womi…Pioneer scan results aren’t the most trustworthy, compared to LiteOn or BenQ.[/QUOTE]

They are not only not trustworthy, its like showing random numbers for PIE/PIF :flower: (at least on my 112)

You dont have anything to worry about with a Pioneer burner and Verbatim DVD+R DLs :iagree:

[QUOTE=Womi;2121751]They are not only not trustworthy, its like showing random numbers for PIE/PIF :flower: (at least on my 112)[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest, since I don’t scan with my Pioneer, I wouldn’t know about that part…all I know is not to trust them from what I read here! :slight_smile:

@Dr.I.Feelgood - yep, the Benchmark test :iagree:…I’m betting it’ll be nice and smooth anyway though :slight_smile:

Slow, but sure and steady :slight_smile:

Yep, that looks nice. If there was really a problem with physically reading the disc, the Pioneer TRT would have/should have revealed it. :slight_smile:

Yeah DL discs can be hard to read and can produce massive errors at the layer break in the middle. The Pioneer had no trouble in the middle and it’s a relatively weak reader (stops through harsh errors).