Dvd or cd copyright methods

vbimport

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I want to copyright my handouts that are on dvd and cd and do not know wheret to start. Can it stop people copying and redistributing it?

Thanks
Lilian

Copyright is a legal term. It gives the author of an original work exclusive legal rights for a certain amount of time regarding publication and duplication of that original work. Most countries recognize that an author’s output is protected by copyright even without formal registration.

So, copyright is probably not the term you are looking for. What you want is more along the lines of DRM, or digital rights management, which are certain protective measures taken to keep people from making unauthorized copies of your work. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to do this. Movie studios, record labels, and software companies have spent millions of dollars in futile attempts to accomplish this.

Individuals have no chance of making dvds and cds that cannot be copied. If it can be played, it can be copied.

Here’s a good thread to start reading about copy protection: http://club.myce.com/f80/you-cant-copy-protect-your-own-dvds-133578/ . In fact that entire sub-forum has a lot of info on the subject.

Hi All,
I want to make protected cd/dvd.I want to make cd that should be system dependent.That it shoud generate a number when cd is inserted in a cd,and on the basis of that number different passwords need to be entered.same cd with same password should not work if inserted in some other system, It should generated new number for which new password has to be provided.

interesting thanks for the link