DVD now running slow for no reason

I really hate to be one of these needy people who have a problem and whine about it but this is really frustrating me and this is my last step before i go out and buy a new dvd burner.

My dvd burner (I use dvd shrink for burning and VLC for playback) has all of a sudden slowed down. My playback visuals seem okay but the audio has a slight echo like i don’t have enough memory. I have watched plenty of movies before from DVD and never had a problem previously.

Next i tried to burn a DVD and it went up to 1 hour to just encode it let alone the writing process.

I have checked the other threads and have already done the following:

[ul]
[li]Run Defrag[/li][li]Run anti spyware (which found a rather nasty file but didn’t improve my current problem)[/li][li]Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive.[/li][li]DMA is enabled and was previously[/li][li]Using the same media as previously so that’s not the issue either.[/ul]Really stumped here and i’m afraid i have to get a new burner. Buying the new burner isn’t so bad but if i install it and then it still does this then i will be very, very unhappy( i may turn green and smash stuff).[/li]
ANywho, no idea why this happened all of a sudden as there was no new installations. Any help will be appreciatated.

Big Show

P.s. also the CPU max’s out to 100% when burning if that helps anyones diagnosis.

Big Show wrote" My dvd burner (I use dvd shrink for burning and VLC for playback) has all of a sudden slowed down. My playback visuals seem okay but the audio has a slight echo like i don’t have enough memory. I have watched plenty of movies before from DVD and never had a problem previously.

Next i tried to burn a DVD and it went up to 1 hour to just encode it let alone the writing process."

In Shrink uncheck Deep Analysis and AEC in backup settings,it could take an hour or more with these checked …
If you’re using nero to burn post a log… does video played from HDD play fine? You may try ripping with DVDFab HD Decrypter instead, since shrink is no longer updated…turn off proggys running in background while ripping and burning…what are your PC specs?..

Movies run fine from my HDD and when i use DVDFAB it still takes at least an hour to encode.

I’ve tried turning off background apps but there justisn’t that much i have running in the back ground.

My system is:

AMD Athlon™ 64 processor
3000+
2.01 GHZ, 512mb Ram

also the burner is a BenQ DVD DD DW1640

[QUOTE=Big Show;1964521]Movies run fine from my HDD and when i use DVDFAB it still takes at least an hour to encode.

I’ve tried turning off background apps but there justisn’t that much i have running in the back ground.

My system is:

AMD Athlon™ 64 processor
3000+
2.01 GHZ, 512mb Ram

also the burner is a BenQ DVD DD DW1640[/QUOTE]

When running tak manager, how much RAM is available out of this 512MB when running this tasks? If its lower the than 150MB you need more RAM.

How do i find out how much ram is being used. Down the bottom it says Commit Charge: 275m/1245m. Other then that i’m not sure.

Also just noticed in PF usage it says 275 MB.

I don’t think it is the system settings as i didn’t really change anything and videos on the hard drive play fine.