DVD not working in PC,but working in Standalone player (Optiarc AD-5170A)

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-5170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,
I got some new DVD’s from my friend.All those are working fine in Standalone DVD players.But in windows enviorment(XP,Vista),its not reading.The title as well as the size of disc is been shown but all the files as 0kb.I am using a RPC1 firmware only.(Optiarc AD 5170A,Ver 1.11)

I heard from your forum that reason could be some software encoding on this DVD’s.If that’s the case please give me suggestions on how to tackle it and enable to play it on my PC. thanks in Advance

Mac

What program are you using to play the dvd’s on your PC ?

Thanks man for your response :)…
I am using PowerDVD v 7.0.But the point here is its,while using explorer of windows in XP or Vista the VIDEO_TS folder is having files with 0KB.So i cant even copy the files and play using “Play from hard disc” option of PowerDVD.
Vista’s media player also doesn’t work.
Is there any software which i can make these discs play?

[quote=mac007;2104422]Thanks man for your response :)…
I am using PowerDVD v 7.0.But the point here is its,while using explorer of windows in XP or Vista the VIDEO_TS folder is having files with 0KB.So i cant even copy the files and play using “Play from hard disc” option of PowerDVD.
Vista’s media player also doesn’t work.
Is there any software which i can make these discs play?[/quote]
try VLC player as it can play a lot of stuff windows cannot and it free

Have you tried using software like DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Decrypter, Anydvd, etc to copy the dvd contents to your HD ? You cant simply use Windows drag and drop/copy to move files off a dvd to your HD due to the copy protection on them.

Hmmm …to be frank i dont find that suggestion gonna work :disagree:.I also uses Klm codec- Media player classic which plays almost everything on earth and it dint worked in that software also.Anyways thanks for your suggestion :iagree:.

[QUOTE=ChickenMan;2104429]Have you tried using software like DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Decrypter, Anydvd, etc to copy the dvd contents to your HD ? You cant simply use Windows drag and drop/copy to move files off a dvd to your HD due to the copy protection on them.[/QUOTE]

Nop i havent tried.But one thing is there any player/ any other method which i can decode these cop y protection in live while playing itself.See it makes my life also easy rather than copying a 7.5 GB file :stuck_out_tongue: !

[QUOTE=mac007;2104431]…I also uses Klm codec- Media player classic which plays [B]almost[/B] everything on earth…[/QUOTE]
The key word there is “almost”, but if your not prepared to even try to copy to your HD as above, then sorry but I cant help you any further.

[QUOTE=ChickenMan;2104436]The key word there is “almost”, but if your not prepared to even try to copy to your HD as above, then sorry but I cant help you any further.[/QUOTE]

Oops nothing offense meant :o.Defintly i will give it a try.But was just trying to sort out any other alternative…

Chickman,Thanks again for your solution.

[quote=mac007;2101362][qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-5170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,
I got some new DVD’s from my friend.All those are working fine in Standalone DVD players.But in windows enviorment(XP,Vista),its not reading.The title as well as the size of disc is been shown but all the files as 0kb.I am using a RPC1 firmware only.(Optiarc AD 5170A,Ver 1.11)

I heard from your forum that reason could be some software encoding on this DVD’s.If that’s the case please give me suggestions on how to tackle it and enable to play it on my PC. thanks in Advance

Mac[/quote]
OK, let’s start again are these dvd’s[B] purchased[/B] or are they [B]burned [/B]dvd’s.[B]EDIT[/B] sorry forgot what I was going to say

Try installing Anydvd, it sits in the background and will auto remove any copy protection on the fly and will allow normal playback. Maybe a bit jerky but that depends on the actual PC specs. Just give it a try first.

[QUOTE=GJ;2104446]OK, let’s start again are these dvd’s[B] purchased[/B] or are they [B]burned [/B]dvd’s.[B]EDIT[/B] sorry forgot what I was going to say[/QUOTE]

Hmm,those DVD’s are bought from my friend.Not sure whether its a purchased one or pirated one but very sure that its not a burnt one.Since it came along with the box, i assume he bought it.

OK then could be a bad source disc. Like I said earlier try VLC player as it has worked on many dvd’s for me and other cdfreaks members. As I said before it free so does not hurt to try it.

OK, Try IsoPuzzle here is a link to a download http://www.geocities.com/marsoupilamis/ And also try using ImgBurn in read mode to copy the disc as an ISO to your HDD. Then use powerdvd or media center to watch. [B]EDIT:[/B] you will need to have anydvd running if dvd is copy protected. Hence purchased dvd but if burned then you not need anydvd

Ok, I see this is going to be a bit to deep…let’s stay easy! :wink:

At first, try to update your PowerDVD to the latest version:
http://de.cyberlink.com/multi/download/download.jsp

Maybe try to uninstall PowerDVD and reinstall it again, also you could install the trial version of PowerDVD 8 (for testing).

Try VLC to play the DVD
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

If nothing works:

Install DVDFab HD Decerypter (free)and rip the disc to your hard drive, this will take about 10-15min depending on your hardware.
Then try to watch the files from your hd with PowerDVD.
OR
Install AnyDVD from Slysoft and try to Play the DVD with PowerDVD

Good luck :flower:

Hi all,
Thanks a lot to all of you for your reply.Copying the movies to my hard disk with DVD decrypter worked for me :).
However working AnyDVD in background dint helped me (Niether watcing it from drive nor copying it to hard disk).One more thing I noticed is when AnyDVD is running in background it produces slight glitches for playing normal DVD which is not encrypted one).Guess one day i can make real use of this software.

Cheers
Mac