Dvd not recognizing blank dvds

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SOHW-1693S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hi this is my first post on this site :slight_smile:
i just wanted help with my dvd drive; i have a Lite-on sohw 1693s and for some reason when i put in a blank dvd to burn some movies i have it doesn’t recognize it but it will play/recognize dvds with stuff on them just fine. Also when i put in the blank dvd it sounds like its trying to load up then it starts to tick and then go silent. When I go into my computer it doesn’t show the blank cd in the dvd drive and it also says it isn’t there on a couple dvd burning proggies that i used. plz help :sad:

what media are you using?

What burning app do you use?

i used nero 9, alchohol 120%, clonedvd, magiciso, and dvdshrink and they all say there is no dvd in the drive. I thought maybe i needed to update a driver or something also so I went and found an update on the official liteon site and installed it and it still has problems recognizing blank dvds. Also I tried more than one brand of dvd, memorex, TDK, and Ridata