DVD not recognized

When I load some, not all, dvd’s into PC, nothing sees it.
My Computer, Windows Explorer, DVDfab 4, DVD decrypter, DVD shrink = nothing works.
I am guessing that the new microsoft policy restrictions of “no cd burning” is stopping me.
If this is true how do I change my policy settings?
I am tying to watch Die Hard 4 and Dell Media experience and microsot media player do not see DVD either.

Help

Try VLC media player it plays anything. :iagree:

[QUOTE=hammeredhess;1935929]When I load some, not all, dvd’s into PC, nothing sees it.
My Computer, Windows Explorer, DVDfab 4, DVD decrypter, DVD shrink = nothing works.
I am guessing that the new microsoft policy restrictions of “no cd burning” is stopping me.
If this is true how do I change my policy settings?
I am tying to watch Die Hard 4 and Dell Media experience and microsot media player do not see DVD either.

Help[/QUOTE]

What O/S are you using? Do you mean play or rip when you say load some?? You were talking about dvd then switched to talking about cd problem?? What kinda dvd drive do you have and is the firmware updated? Also WMP is a bad program to play DVD use either WinDVD or PowerDVD or Nero… What is the exact model of you Dell machine? If it contains something like XP media edition I would recommend you toss that O/S and just get XP pro itself… Media Edition has been lately giving it’s user bad problem…it sounds like it acting like the dumped O/S Window ME edition…that was a flop…of a O/S… I should know I used it and wished it was never created…since XP pro sp2 has been stable for me…

I am using Windows XP. On a Dell 2400 Dimensions.
My problems is when trying to play or rip a DVD movie my PC does not load the DVD in the DVD drive. When I put DVD in it the drive says to load a disc. Well I did and it does not show the disc. It comes back and states there is no DVd in drive and to load one. My PC will not load movie and since that happens no media player can play it. thought it was a dual layered disc problem but I copied Santa Clause 3 and had no problems. When I tried to watch Die Hard 4 the disc will not load. Only happens on some discs. Others copy/play fine.

Have you tried updating your DVD drives firmware. I have had that fix similar problems for me?