Dvd not read

vbimport

Hello folks

A newbie here. So no clue if this topic has already been discussed. If it has been, please direct me to the same. :slight_smile:

Okay, here’s the problem->

The dvd with movies can be played with the dvd player on tv. But when I insert the dvd in the comp, it is shown as a blank dvd. I can access and open the dvd folder, but no contents !

Please provide some assistance !

[QUOTE=prachi3088;2115078]Hello folks

A newbie here. So no clue if this topic has already been discussed. If it has been, please direct me to the same. :slight_smile:

Okay, here’s the problem->

The dvd with movies can be played with the dvd player on tv. But when I insert the dvd in the comp, it is shown as a blank dvd. I can access and open the dvd folder, but no contents !

Please provide some assistance ![/QUOTE]

Can you provide print screens or some error message? What dvd’s are you using, what is the buring program that your using? EXample: Dvd+R or DVD-R

What prog do you use for video playback on PC? and is it associated to the drive?

i have the same problem i think. the computer read some factory dvd but not others, this has just started recently

As ANGLEIRON asks What playback program on your PC are you using.
A computer needs codecs to play dvd’s if you are trying to use say Windows Media player.

You can try using the VLC Player( link is in my sig ) has all the codecs, a good free viewer.

I have same problem. Dvd plays on reg. dvd player but won’t play in either my dvd rom drive or dvd rw drive.

You might have been better off starting your own thread. What programs have you tried playing it with?