Dvd not playing in dvd player

Hi

I just burn a dvd using imgburn the dvd plays on my computer but does not play in my dvd player. I have been using imgburn for a while now and have never had this problem. Could this be a media problem or a problem with my dvd player? Please Help.

Thanks

Some players are picky about playing burned disks. Have you recently gone to a different brand or type of media?

What kind blank disk did you use? Please be specific. In ImgBurn look at the Disk ID and give us the manufacturer ID code.

You can increase compatibility of +R disks by bitsetting them so they appear to be regular dvd-rom disks to your player. Not all that many dvd burners do this automatically, but many can do it using the proper software. Imgburn can be used to booktype with several different types of drives. Which make and model burner are you using?

The kind of blank disc I use is a Sony DL +R disc to answer your first question, and they were working fine up until this incident.

The disc Id is Ritek-D01-01

The burner make on my burner on my laptop is a Pioneer dvd Rw Dvr-k17, I hope this is enough info for you

Thanks

Ritek dual layer media is not particularly good. I personally would never buy them. You may have gotten some that are worse than usual for Ritek.

If you want to use dual layer media, I would stick with Verbatim +R DL, and check the label to make sure the ones you get are made in Singapore. They are more consistent than the ones made in India. I believe the 8x DL disks sold under the Verbatim brand will be from Singapore. The slower 2.4-4x are mostly from India now, at least the ones sold in the US.

I don’t know much about your drive. The Dangerous Brothers posted about it earlier this year and it seems to be based on the Pioneer 111 drives, so it should be a very good laptop burner. It almost certainly bitsets dual layer disks automatically.

[quote=Kerry56;1965640]Ritek dual layer media is not particularly good. I personally would never buy them. You may have gotten some that are worse than usual for Ritek.

If you want to use dual layer media, I would stick with Verbatim +R DL, and check the label to make sure the ones you get are made in Singapore. They are more consistent than the ones made in India. I believe the 8x DL disks sold under the Verbatim brand will be from Singapore. The slower 2.4-4x are mostly from India now, at least the ones sold in the US.

I don’t know much about your drive. The Dangerous Brothers posted about it earlier this year and it seems to be based on the Pioneer 111 drives, so it should be a very good laptop burner. It almost certainly bitsets dual layer disks automatically.[/quote]

Thanks alot Kerry, I had a feeling it was a media problem, I’m actually new to burning dvd’s and it seems that Verbatim is the brand to go so from now on I will go with that brand as my new media for burning…Thanks again

Yup, Verbatim for DL media only. :wink: