DVD Not Loading

vbimport

I am brand new to DVD Burning and the DVDFab Software. So far it has worked great wth no problems.

I have a DVD that I am trying to backup and I can back it up fine to my hard drive. The only issue is that when I burn it to a DVD it will not load in my DVD player that is connected to my television. It also won’t play on my PC DVD player.

I haven’t had any problems with this on any other DVD that I have backed up.

I have tried it twice with this specific DVD with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

welcome to cdfreaks and welcome to dvdfab software. :slight_smile:

can you explain your process of how you are ripping to hard drive and burning? which version of dvdfab are you using?

thanks

Troy,

I am using 5.0.3.5 beta

I am using the Full Disk to make a backup copy to my hard drive.

I am condensing the DVD using the merge option so that the whole DVD will fit on my single layer DVD. Doing it that way worked fine on another DVD that I burned.

Its just this one set of DVD’s that I can’t get to play on my television player or PC Player. These players can read the other DVD’s that I have burned.

Thanks for your help!

i dont know how important all the extra stuff on the original dvd is? but when using single layer dvds you will be glad if you use main movie or customize modes. this way the compression is less so you will have better viewing quality.

there is a guide available, if you could please read it alot of questions can be answered and you can learn some stuff you didnt know about the program.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

if you want to fit the full disc to a single layer dvd just choose dvd5 at the bottom. select your dvd writer as target. dvdfab will rip to the hard drive to a temporary folder then dvdfab will use the included VSO software to burn the folder to a dvd. set the burn speed to 8x.

for now i would just delete what you have already ripped and just start over.

please post a burn log which can be found in your my documents folder/ dvdfab

Also milltimer what is the brand of blank dvd you are using. Doing a full disc back up you not need to save to hdd first just rip and burn. Are you using 1 dvd drive or 2? if you are using 1 dvd drive then make the target the same as the source in dvdfab. If you using 2 drives then make the target you second dvd drive. Also change the packet writing to Sao writing this usually causes problems like you having.

[QUOTE=troy512;2082082]
if you want to fit the full disc to a single layer dvd just choose dvd5 at the bottom. select your dvd writer as target. dvdfab will rip to the hard drive to a temporary folder then dvdfab will use the included VSO software to burn the folder to a dvd. set the burn speed to 8x.

for now i would just delete what you have already ripped and just start over.

please post a burn log which can be found in your my documents folder/ dvdfab[/QUOTE]

Troy, I did exactly what you describe here and choose DVD5 at the bottom with no luck. It worked for other DVD’s that I burned but not for this 2 DVD set. I will post a burn log for you to review.

[QUOTE=GJ;2082148]Also milltimer what is the brand of blank dvd you are using. Doing a full disc back up you not need to save to hdd first just rip and burn. Are you using 1 dvd drive or 2? if you are using 1 dvd drive then make the target the same as the source in dvdfab. If you using 2 drives then make the target you second dvd drive. Also change the packet writing to Sao writing this usually causes problems like you having.[/QUOTE]

*What is the brand of blank dvd you are using - Verbatim

*Doing a full disc back up you not need to save to hdd first just rip and burn - yes I know but wanted a copy saved to my HDD anyway to see if it would work. Now that it did work I’m wondering why the dvd can’t be read.

*Are you using 1 dvd drive or 2? if you are using 1 dvd drive then make the target the same as the source in dvdfab - I am using 1 DVD drive and doing the target just as you said. It has worked fine for all other DVD’s but not for this DVD. I do see that information has been written to the DVD but it can’t be detected for some reason.

*Also change the packet writing to Sao writing this usually causes problems like you having - I will have to check this because I don’t know how to do it.

[QUOTE=milltimer;2082507]
*Also change the packet writing to Sao writing this usually causes problems like you having - I will have to check this because I don’t know how to do it.[/QUOTE]

Open Fab > click on the green arrow…upper right of app > [B]Common Settings > General > DVD > Write > Write Type >[/B] change to [B]SAO[/B]

OK,

Thanks for your help guys! The issue seems to be resolved after I did the Sao writing. My DVD player is now reading the burn but there are some places where the DVD player is having problems reading and it is doing a pause. I assume if I reburn it at 8x speed it will be better since that is the speed recommended from Troy above?

I am also going to do some research and see what the SAO feature does!

Thanks!

wanted a copy saved to my HDD anyway to see if it would work.

once you rip to hard drive you can use the write data mode to burn the folder to dvd.

packet writing burns the dvd in segments and leaves the dvd open for futher burning at a later time if needed. best for use with dvdrw media for data backups. such as a dvd type floppy disc.

with session-at-once writing the dvd is burned in one large segment and the dvd is closed not allowing any further writing.

[quote=milltimer;2082952]OK,

Thanks for your help guys! The issue seems to be resolved after I did the Sao writing. My DVD player is now reading the burn but there are some places where the DVD player is having problems reading and it is doing a pause. I assume if I reburn it at 8x speed it will be better since that is the speed recommended from Troy above?

I am also going to do some research and see what the SAO feature does!

Thanks![/quote]
good to hear the dvd player plays the dvd’s now. Yes slow the burn speed and that should help. Usually half the rated speed is good

Glad to hear that things are better…
Please post a couple of burn logs…they’ll give us quite a bit of info.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]