Dvd not finalizing

vbimport

Hi there,

I used dvd plat. 4, and I upgraded to 5 yesterday. Seems to work ok, until it finalizes. Seems when I make a copy of a copy, it burns till 99%, then my duplicator comes up with a error message. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

a follow-up. Also burned from the folder with the same results. Like it’s not finalizing all the way.

If you are getting an error, it would help if we knew a little more info then what you have provided at this time.
Error code/message
blank media that is being used
your operating system
burn speed
drive being used to do the backup
are you using Packet writing or SAO writing
burn engine you are using

or just post the burn log

I’m using windows xp. Everything seems to be working good. Even the dvd says its process is completed. But when I do a prescan of the movie, it reads up to 99% and comes up with a source disc error. When I try to play it, it says no disc. So I don’t think it’s finalizing all the way.

[QUOTE=muzickman56;2057670]I’m using windows xp. Everything seems to be working good. Even the dvd says its process is completed. But when I do a prescan of the movie, it reads up to 99% and comes up with a source disc error. When I try to play it, it says no disc. So I don’t think it’s finalizing all the way.[/QUOTE]

You can check and close(Finalize) the disc with ImgBurn or a rfeww other app’s

Sounds like a bad bunch of media…try setting your target size down to 4100 and see if it finalizes.

you can also if you installed the VSO burn engine on fab install go to device manager find the pattin couffin layer and select unfreeze finalize media also.

I think I did install the VSO burn engine when I installed DVDfab 5.0.2. I looked at device manager and found pcouffin device for 32 bits systems under the vso devices. Couldn’t find how to change anything. Any help please?

[quote=muzickman56;2057930]I think I did install the VSO burn engine when I installed DVDfab 5.0.2. I looked at device manager and found pcouffin device for 32 bits systems under the vso devices. Couldn’t find how to change anything. Any help please?[/quote]Right click on the pcouffin device, the finalize option should appear in the list.

//EDIT// Ooops, doesn’t work that way anymore. In Program Files\DVDFab 5, find and double click on the file PCSetup.exe, it will bring up a dialog named “Access Layer Test and Configuration”. Click on the + sign if present, then right click on the drive with the unfinalized disc to see the options. “Unfreeze/Finalize Media” should be the bottom choice.

When I right click on it, I get update driver, disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes and properties. Under properties I get general, driver and details. I can’t find what you said. Am I looking at the right place?

Hi muzickman56,

As my good friend signals suggests…

Try it this way:

[B]DVDFab Finalize a disc [/B]

Right click on the Fab Icon >
Left click Properties >
Left click Find Target >
Left click PcSetup.exe >
Left click on the + in front of Patin-Couffin driver >
Now left click once to select your burner >
Right click on the selected burner >
Navigate to the bottom of the dropdown to Finalize the media

Thank to all that replied. I did have success doing that with the first burn. However, it didn’t finalize all the way on a different burn. Do I have to keep doing the unfreezing for every burn?

[QUOTE=muzickman56;2058046]Thank to all that replied. I did have success doing that with the first burn. However, it didn’t finalize all the way on a different burn. Do I have to keep doing the unfreezing for every burn?[/QUOTE]

Are you by chance using Packet writing, also what is the target size in common setting for the media you are using.

[quote=muzickman56;2058046]Thank to all that replied. I did have success doing that with the first burn. However, it didn’t finalize all the way on a different burn. Do I have to keep doing the unfreezing for every burn?[/quote]Please post a burn log. (as requested earlier in the thread).

[QUOTE=signals;2058149]Please post a burn log. (as requested earlier in the thread).[/QUOTE]

Yes !!, Please a burn log that I asked for would give better info to the problem :iagree: