DVD neXt Copy?

vbimport

A few years ago a company named 321 Studios came out with a product called DVD X Copy that would make backup copies of both your home movies on DVD as well as commercially purchased DVDs so that your children didn’t turn them into coasters, and any that got regular use could be safely stored while you were watching the copy in case one of the demon children in the house decided to play frisbee with your $15-25 investment. They were very quickly put out of business by the movie studios because their product included a encryption cracker in the software. 321 Studios seemed to do everything possible to make sure that the software wasn’t used to make illegal copies, including adding a splash screen at the beginning of the disc to denote the fact that the copy was in fact a backup copy made with their software, and somewhere in the copy it added the serial number of the software that was used to make the copy. Adding this serial number would allow any copies that started popping up illegally to be traced back to the purchaser of the original software. They were legally forced to remove the encryption cracker from their product and the company seemed to go out of business overnight.

Apparently, the company went back to work and made a new version that does not include a encryption cracker, but instead allows use of one or more of the freely available encryption crackers in conjunction with their product. Since their product no longer includes the encryption cracker that the legal system forced them to remove, it seems to be selling again under the name of DVD neXt Copy. Has anyone used this product? If so, how does it seem to work, and does purchasing a copy makes sense for someone who isn’t very savvy in the ways of ripping apart a commercially available DVD so that you can make YOURSELF back up copies of your DVD collection?

Thanks

Moved to [I]DVD NeXt Copy[/I] forum.

[QUOTE=BigLouOnWheels;2002580] it seems to be selling again under the name of DVD neXt Copy. Has anyone used this product? If so, how does it seem to work, and does purchasing a copy makes sense for someone who isn’t very savvy in the ways of ripping apart a commercially available DVD so that you can make YOURSELF back up copies of your DVD collection?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

DVD X Copy is a whole different company than DVD neXt COPY. Another words it isn’t owned by the same person.

I use it almost every day the wife and I can’t see a real difference between DVD neXt COPY vs. DVD Rebuilder Pro as both use an Encoder. This software is very easy to use and has a built in flash tutorial to show you how to use this program. Feel free to download the 3 day trial fully functional. As for the embedded serial to fight pirates it isn’t in this software either.

DVD neXt COPY download.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f144/dvd-next-copy-update-2-9-8-5-a-238966/

You’ll need the third party plugin as well and this is free to use.

http://gravurecite.free.fr/Machinist2.setup.exe