DVD neXt Copy 3 error message

vbimport

Hello All. I am new to DVD neXt Copy 3, but not to DVD backups or Any DVD.

I recently purchased DVD neXt Copy 3 after using Intervideo software for the last year or so. After several clean re-installs (following the guide on this forum) I still get the error message “The parameter is incorrect” when I start the program. I am running Vista Home Premium, Norton 2009 (which was disabled when I downloaded DVD neXt Copy 3), and Any DVD. When I hit OK, the error message returns. When I click OK again, the message disappears and the program launches.

From there, DVD neXt Copy 3 wont recognize my dvd movie (legally purchased) in the drive. I was able to make a back-up of my movie by choosing the “open from hardrive” option.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

[quote=t0ny_77;2184326]Hello All. I am new to DVD neXt Copy 3, but not to DVD backups or Any DVD.

I recently purchased DVD neXt Copy 3 after using Intervideo software for the last year or so. After several clean re-installs (following the guide on this forum) I still get the error message “The parameter is incorrect” when I start the program. I am running Vista Home Premium, Norton 2009 (which was disabled when I downloaded DVD neXt Copy 3), and Any DVD. When I hit OK, the error message returns. When I click OK again, the message disappears and the program launches.

From there, DVD neXt Copy 3 wont recognize my dvd movie (legally purchased) in the drive. I was able to make a back-up of my movie by choosing the “open from hardrive” option.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.[/quote]
Click the green refresh arrow next to the source drop down then open the drop down and select the dvd drive the movie is in. try reinstalling over top of the old and see if that fixes the parameter is incorrect problem

I am having the same problem. I just purchased DVDNextCopy Ultimate and I get the parameter is incorrect every time I open the program. I can copy movies from my HDD but I get another error when trying to access my DVD-RW. “Wrong location. The drive does not contain a valid disk”

I have DVD Shrink 3.2 and don’t experience any of these issues.:a

reinstall over the top of the old and let me know if this corrected it. It sounds like a corrupt install.

I’m getting the two error pop-ups when I start DVD neXt Copy and then the “Wrong location.” error when selecting the movie in my DVD-RW. Re-installing the software does not correct the issue. Anyone else figure out what the cause and solution is to the problem. Possibly an incompatible DVD-RW (I have a Lite-On LH-20A1S), virus scan, etc? It’s also probably note-worthy to mention that I’m using Vista 64-bit SP1. I also have ISO Recorder installed. Is there any known conflicts between the two software?

Would be nice to know which version of DVD next copy you have? Also what third party decryptor are you using? It would also be nice to know what movie this is too.

Would be nice to know which version of DVD next copy you have? Also what third party decryptor are you using? It would also be nice to know what movie this is too.

It happens with both 3.0.4.1 and 3.0.4.3 Ultimate. It happens with Citizen Kane, Home Alone 2, and any backup that I’ve created with DVD Xcopy. I’m using the Machinist2.dll decryptor.

More info: As t0ny_77 mentioned, I can also create an ISO from the movie in the RW drive if I choose the “open from harddrive…” option. When I put a movie in the drive, in the autorun list, DVD neXt Copy is not an option, and in the DNC software, I cannot select an RW drive for the “Burn Device” in any of the Burn Projects. If I select “Refresh Drivelist” I receive “The Parameter is Incorrect” error again.

Please send a support ticket to the company as there may be a bug but I am not for sure. You can contact them by emailing support@dvdnextcopy.com

I would also try doing a fresh install to see if that helps maybe somthing is corrupt.