DVD Newbie

vbimport

Ok, I finally jumped into the 20th century, and ventured into the world of copying my DVD collection for back-up. I downloaded the Trial Version of DVD-Cloner and I must say its works fast and super easy. However when I play back the copy that I just made. It freezes up on all my DVD players. I am using a DVD+R & I used a DVD+RW both with the same results. The questions are, Is this because it is a trial version or is it something that I am not / am doing? Hope you can help.

DVD Cloner is not held in high esteem around here, but the problems with playback are probably due to poor media, or burning the disks too fast.

If you have a reasonably new burner, get some Verbatim 16x blank media and burn at 8x or 12x speed.

If you want a free path for backing up dvds, try DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip to the hard drive, compress when necessary using DVDShrink and burn to disk with ImgBurn. DVDFab HD Decrypter will continue to function even after the trial for the main part of DVDFab expires.

If you would rather have an all in one program, then try out the main part of DVDFab Platinum. http://www.dvdfab.com/ The trial is for 30 days. DVDFab does require periodic payments for upgrades I’m afraid.

You may also want to look into a program called AnyDVD. It is just a decryption/ripping program, so if you need to compress you might have to use DVDShrink with it, but AnyDVD is very effective, constantly updated and for a limited time, still offers free lifetime updates. They are going to a subscription model after the 11th of this month, but anyone buying one of their programs before then gets free updates.