DVD & MPEG Files

vbimport

Is there any simple way of burning an .mpeg or .avi file into a CD so I can wath it in my regular DVD player ?
If so, what soft should I used it ? (I have nero 5.5 - I try burning a Video CD but my DVD Player " Sony" did not reconized the CD)

Thanks a bunch for any imput…:confused:

You need DVD-R to record DVDs and play em…that’s as far as I know. Oh and another thing, this is something I hate about SONY, the new systems tend to NOT play recorded CDs :frowning:

U Just have to know if you’re DVD-player supports cd-r cd’s, Otherwise u should be able to play Vcd’s on you’re Home Dvd player.

Cd-r’s are different from normal DVD disc’s so are not red the same way as cd-r’s are.

Hope U can use this info!! :slight_smile:

Greeeetzz The Lord!! :slight_smile:

Making a VCD out of a Mpeg file should work. However if you want an AVI to work on your standalone, you should first make a Mpeg file out of it.
For converting an other info goto DivX-Digest!

If you want to make a vcd. vcdhelp is the pace to be.

:wink:

You may have done it correctly, but your player must not play VCD… My advice would be to get an APEX for cheap at walmart which is the best player and under one hundred dollars…

The best way to check and see if you’re doing it correctly would be to try the guides at

www.dvdripguides.com

their divx guide is crap, but the others are VERY good in my opinion!!

Hi. I´ve got a Sony DVP S-7700 and a DVP S-725 dvd player and on both i can read movies recorded in vcd format. The only catch is that i must use " Princo " crd’s. Don’t know if you can get that particular brand, but i’ve tried almost 2 dozens of cdr brands and only this one is recognized by the Sony players.

Thanks mAluKiNho for the help.
My Sony reads VCDs but doesnt reconized the brand of CDRs that i have tryed, and i dont thing I will be able to get the brand you told me, cause I am in usa. But thanks for the time to post…

No, I don’t think your Sony reads CD-R’s. I used to have a Sony and it only read CDRW’s, not CD-R’s. I called up Sony and they said that they intend for most of their DVD players not to read CD-R because they own certain licenses and copyrights, so in other words, they don’t want you to play copied media. Now I have a Panasonic and this baby’s fine! Plays MP3, Audio, VCD, DVD, and only costed $179 US. My suggestion is to return it and either get a Phillips, Pioneer, JVC, Panasonic, or Afree. These have the highest compatibility rates with CDR’s.

Sony reads VCD’s, but not on CDR. They read the original VCD’s you can buy legally that are STAMPED, not burned.

WELL I DON’T THINK THAT ANY DVD PLAYER CAN RECOGNIZE ANY BRAND OF CD-R, CD-RW DISKS. HAD THAT PROBLEM IN THE PAST PAYED OVER 400$ TO BUY A HOME DVD PLAYER, SONY DVD PLAYER, AND EVEN MANUALS SAID THAT CAN READ VCD, ONLY VCD I COULD PLAY WAS THAT I COULD FOUND IN MARKET. ANY VCD I CREATED USING MY CD-RW DEVICE WAS USELESS WHEN TRIED TO PLAY IT ON MY SONY DVD. THINK YOUR SOLUTION IS TO BUY ALL IN ONE DEVICE. I BAUGHT ONE ,GAVE MY SONY DVD TO MY BROTHER AND NOW I AM HAPPY. :slight_smile: LOOK TO THIS ADDRESS TO SEE THE DEVICE I BAUGHT AND WITH HALF MONEY I SPENT FOR SONY DVD, AND CAN PLAY ANYTHING. AND MACROVISION PROTECTION CAN BE DISABLE. http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/reviews/2625/6/
OFCOURCE YOU CAN FIND MANY SIMILIAR DEVICES IN USA. I LIVE IN GREECE.

ok well thats all bullshit

thing is the sony dvd players ive had experiences with couldnt play any form of cdr self recorded cds

it could however read pressed vcds
that doesnt however mean that no sony can play cdrs , or cdrw

go here ''http://vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php
and do a search for your sony model … its their dvd player database if its in there itl give ya the info what i can play and what not

also… i dont think a dvd player or at least not all can jsut play a mpegfile burnt to a cd

it must be a vcd compliant mpeg file to begin with [other wise ul be going in to the so called ‘‘xvcd’’ but thats a different story… but u can read more about this on vcdhelp.com it must also have those other folders etc in it and the mpeg must be in .dat … at least with certain players
burning software with a vcd option like nero burning rom or winoncd will all do this for you automaticly offcourse all u need to input is the mpeg file

what some1 said about his player only be able to read cdrs of a certain brand … this happens alot , a friend of mine has 1 of thosep layer cant recall the brand but his only plays a specific cdr in the verbatim fammily , and some other brand the rest doesnt get recognised or freezes etc. and cant give regualr playback.

most pioneers if not all play cdrs [i tihnk all] and have exellent vcd playback

mine plays vcd , xvcd , svcd and xvcd .
and hasnt got any trouble with any cdrs whatsoever not even those 50 cent blanks [ lol the content was gone 2 weeks later tough and i could throw away the blank but another different story hehe]

anyway sorry bout this little rant hoped it helped some person reading this
also i would liek to add the best place for conversion to mpeg
makin or burning vcds etc etc etc

vcdhelp.com its wicked

Peace
Shadow

oh shit i just noticed ya original question…

just go to vcdhelp.com they have exellent guides on conversions and have so much more usefull info like a dvd player database with user feedback

jsut head overthere and all your Q’s will be answered if you still not get it all post on their message board or post here.

by the way the apex players play CDRW about all brands biggeo
and yes lotsa players play cdrs .alot have trouble with certain brands tough or can only play a certain colour of cdrs its weird

my pioneer has played everything i thrown at it …
but some pioneers cant play svcd or have trouble with certain cdrs cdrws to

, sony is a bitch when it comes to vcd /cdr etc

the apex is the best choice indeed for the money , altough very different opinions about it

from what ive gathered by talkin to peepz some people worship it some hate it
my guess is this cheap player , is an halfassed product that comes deffect a whole lot

ive talked to people that went trough like 10 apexes before they had a good1

first it didnt play mp3, then the svcd playback was all screwed … then the dvds locked up etc etc etc. … offcourse i dont know this for a fact but i hear alot of these stories … also hear alot of good stories tough. some love it some hate it. i think im definitly gonna try it as my pinoneer is prolly messed up beyond repair : (

oh well im out
later

Well I have no problems so far with my Cyber Home M512. PLAYy anything even mp3 I have burned on a cd and put them in differrent files. Read them and you can see a tree of the contents of a cd on your TV screen. Well I believe for it’s price is the best device you can find on market if you want to play any format, it has full Dolby Pro Logic, 5.1, and DTS Dolby Digital support , and plus you can turn off the copy protection. (macrovision).

what did ya pay for this?

Cost me liitle more than the actuall prise there at USA. here in greece pay for that 260$. about half mine from what I wanted to buy a new good DVD player. ANd I can play anything with Cyberhome. But in usa costs about 190$ I think. You can see the URL above on on of my previous answers.