DVD movie won`t start

vbimport

I put the disc in and the option to play box comes up-Windows Media Player-VLC-Media Player Classic (attached) and i click on one of those and it goes to select language (attached), and i click on English, and thats as far as it goes. The movie doesnt start even though i click on the play arrow. Any ideas please? Other dvds play ok.:slight_smile:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Don’t know what is going on, but you can try this. Go to Computer, find the dvd drive with the disk loaded and right click on it. You’ll get a list of options…click Open. You should see a Video_TS folder. Open the folder and find the Video_TS.IFO file. Right click it and open with VLC.
Edit: Just don’t make it a permanent change, for VLC to always open that type of file. :slight_smile:

Kerry56—

Don’t know what is going on, but you can try this. Go to Computer, find the dvd drive with the disk loaded and right click on it. You’ll get a list of options…click Open. You should see a Video_TS folder. Open the folder and find the Video_TS.IFO file. Right click it and open with VLC.
Edit: Just don’t make it a permanent change, for VLC to always open that type of file.
No, that didn`t work, still goes back to the language page. When i opened "video_ts it is as you see in my attachment.:smiley:

For some unknown reason you have the files set up not to show their extensions. You’ll have a very hard time picking out the .ifo file that way.

Go to Control Panel–>Folder Options–>View tab and unclick the box that says Hide extensions for known file types. Hit Apply and then OK.

Then go back to the Video_TS folder and follow my previous instructions. What I’m trying to do here is bypass the menu.

Kerry56—

For some unknown reason you have the files set up not to show their extensions. You’ll have a very hard time picking out the .ifo file that way.

Go to Control Panel–>Folder Options–>View tab and unclick the box that says Hide extensions for known file types. Hit Apply and then OK.

Then go back to the Video_TS folder and follow my previous instructions. What I’m trying to do here is bypass the menu.
Thank You. Will that affect the way other file types open?:smiley:

Kerry56—

I unclicked the box that says “Hide extensions for known file types” and apply and ok and did what you said in post two but no change, back to the language menu, no play. I tried the same dvd movie on my standalone dvd player and it played no trouble. My attachment shows the ifo file where my pointer is.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us:slight_smile:

deezalboy Go to view and click on details to see the extensions

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2524561]and i click on English, and that`s as far as it goes. [/QUOTE]

If this is an original DVD disc, which i really doubt, then you gotta try this on a standalone dvd player. See if the same problem occurs.

If this is NOT an original disc, which i think it is, then i think they left out English. Check out other flavors or stop ripping movies without the English sound.

You could not have downloaded this movie, because you know discussing downloaded movies like this one is strictly forbidden.

If you select View/Details all the extensions should now show.
Try an individual .vob file in VLC .I recommend the largest one.
I’m with Mr. Belvedere I think there was no English soundtrack ripped.
I know CloneDVD lists the Audio languages on the DVD.
Pretty sure DVDFab does too.I just gave DVDFab6 try. Use the folder the files are in for the source . Use Main Movie. It lists the Audio tracks . Since I only rip the English Audio the folder I tested only had English Audio.
I put in a commercial DVD that I knew had other language tracks & DVDFab6 listed them.
So that is a method you can use to determine if there is an English Audio track.
BTW I haven’t downloaded DVDFab 7 yet, I will get around to it . So I didn’t test with it.

FAB 7 also list all the languages just like FAB 6 does Mr. Cholla

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2524661]FAB 7 also list all the languages just like FAB 6 does Mr. Cholla[/QUOTE]
I thought it probably did. Since I haven’t downloaded & installed it I wasn’t going to say for sure it did this.
I use the free version of DVDFab 6 . I will do the same with DVDFab 7.
Since the updating of the free version is now slower that the paid version I don’t keep the version as current as I used to . So far I haven’t needed v. 7 but if I do I will definately get it.

[QUOTE=cholla;2524646]If you select View/Details all the extensions should now show.
Try an individual .vob file in VLC .I recommend the largest one.
.[/QUOTE]

I always do that And TYP
4 some problematic DVD Movies .
Even if i have to click on each file at least i get to watch my DVD on my PC
I have kids hogging the TV/ standalone:bigsmile:

Sorry forgot to add Att ment WORLD CUP Fever :flower:

When i click on English, down in the bottom left it says finished. (see my attachment where my pointer is).

@ deezalboy , Just because the menu still has English in the list doesn’t mean it does.
Load the folder into DVDFab as I posted & see if English is in the Audio list.
Like in this image:

try playing an individual VTS file in VLC Media player

Nothing is working. I tried just tried this dvd movie on another computer and a different stand alone dvd player and it plays no problem at all. Must be something missing in my computer for this particular movie.:rolleyes:

Well, this is amazing. I was foolin around with DVD Shrink and clicked on “open disc” and it went through the preview/analysis and it came up(attached), and then i clicked on “re author”, nothing happened, so i went out of DVD Shrink and tried the the problem disc, and i dont believe it, the movie played. I havent got a clue what i did.