DVD Movie Ripping time using DVD Shrink

What are your ripping times to your HD using DvD Shrink with Plextor px-708a on the average movie. Using the high speed trick & without. And please enter your cpu make and power & size of movie shrinked for one disc & if it had decryption or not and use high speed read or not. I am courious to see these times, who knows I may write a book.

Interesting post. But I think the majority use a dvd-rom to rip with DVD SHRINK. I wouldn’t use my 708A to rip. I strictly use my 708A to burn dvds. That’s just my opinion.:cool:

PENT 4 2.4 MHZ CHIP, 1 GB DDRAM, WIN2000 PRO W/SP4
PLEXTOR 708A DVD BURNER
PLEXTOR 40X12X40 CD BURNER
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CD BURNER
TOSHIBA 1612 DVDROM (2)
TOSHIBA 1712 DVDROM
60 GB, 120 GB MAXTOR HD’s, 120 MAXTOR EXTERNAL HD
CANOPUS ADVC-100 DIGITAL CONVERTER
MAXTOR PCI CONTROLLER CARD
ANTEC TRUE POWER 430 WATT PS

Good question. I use both my DVD-ROM and 708A to rip.

My dvd rom is in a laptop armada 1Gz 512Mhz and it takes about 2m for pre-scan, 30m for deep ana and 40m to rip. If no compression is needed, the rip is less then 30m!

On my tower, 1.2Ghz, 512Mhz with the 708A it takes a little longer.

PS: what is the high speed trick you mentioned?

Magugo

Maguro, by default the read speed is 4x I think, but if you push & hold the eject button for 3 seconds it will blink about 5 times & you get 12x read (high speed read I call it).

Good Post! I was wondering the same thing!!

I have p4 2.6 800mhz with 1gb of ram

I use my 708a to burn and rip since I don’t have another dvd-rom drive.

Using the high speed trick and deep analysis, a full movie usually takes about oh…10-15 minutes for analysis and 20-30 minutes for the actual back up.

High speed trick and no deep analysis usually takes 20-30 minutes depending on movie.

Not using the high speed trick? LOL we won’t even get into that…that takes over an hour for the whole process.

Jaydee, what kind of times are you getting?

Also, w/out the speed trick, I usually max out right around 3-3.5x
with the speed trick i’ve seen it get to about 8x, but thats it…

Here are my times, I just ripped Cold Creek Manor & stripped it of foreign language, & used DVD Shrink 3.17.6 the file size was 5,682 mb, SpeedRead was 25 minutes 39 seconds & Silent mode was 44 minutes 9 seconds movie was encrypted. I have a 2.4 iTel 533 FSB.