Dvd movie jerky and jumpy on pc burner/player

vbimport

:slight_smile: I burned a DVD movie and it plays jerky and jittery on the burner/player on the pc but it plays great through the DVD player to the TV. Any clues what`s happening?:slight_smile:

Checked your DMA status (as per the link in my sig)?

In DVDFab (Platinum) under “Common Settings”, you’ll see a “Reset DMA” button. Click that and see if it helps any. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=terrycotter@aapt.;2027889]:slight_smile: I burned a DVD movie and it plays jerky and jittery on the burner/player on the pc but it plays great through the DVD player to the TV. Any clues what`s happening?:)[/QUOTE]

Defrag maybe?

Checked and doesn`t require defrag. Arachne i followed your how to check dma and the screen shot shows how far i can get. http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4106/primarychannelox5.jpg

Check your secondary IDE channel, that is where your dvd drive is.
Should be DMA not PIO

Jethro screen shot of secondary channel info.:slight_smile: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6310/secondarychannelkp6.jpg

[QUOTE=terrycotter@aapt.;2027889]:slight_smile: I burned a DVD movie and it plays jerky and jittery on the burner/player on the pc but it plays great through the DVD player to the TV. Any clues what`s happening?:)[/QUOTE]

question for you is the picture movie on your computer jerky and jittery? or is it the dvd drive that jerky and jittery? If it the actual playback picture then it would be your graphics card and not the dvd drive

Have you tried to update the drivers for your IDE controller? Also post a screen shot of the drivers it is using now.

Well not knowing any thing about your system but
If this is the case you may want to shut down any programs you have running in the background, you may also want to do a Disc cleanup and defrag your system and if you do a registry cleanup…just may be surprised how much better it will run

Thanks to all

Naughty boy Terry pinching Blutach’s Avatar and it isn’t even animated…:disagree:.

Are you upset Bluey?
:cop::a

GregiBoy, I think Australia only has like 4 avatars…something to do with free trade stuff…LOL

Well, mine is different…

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2033191]Well, mine is different…

:)[/QUOTE]
and disgusting, rude, and offensive!

Sincerely,
James

maybe RAM or video card or running services or …

if, the dvd plays good with the DVD player to the TV, then at least your burner works good. :bow:

[QUOTE=James_50;2033206]and disgusting, rude, and offensive!

Sincerely,
James[/QUOTE]

Well, James…

A. Get a life !!!..
B. I’ve changed it specially for you…
C. Alan, I didn’t start it…

To help the original post, I had the exact same problem with every burn for awhile. I then switched to the Nero burning engine in the settings and I no longer have the issues of jittery, hanging or unable to read discs, but I still get random burn fails.