DVD (movie) audio to mp3

I am trying to figure out if there is an easier way to rip/recode the audio stream from a dvd to mp3 than using besweetgui to convert vob files.

For example, on the Linkin Park Live in Texas dvd, there are extra songs that are not included on the cd.

I would like to extract the audio streams with the track/chapters separated to the appropriate mp3 files.

Same thing with NIN Live dvd…

Ive tried to find some guides, but most are directed at converting the dvd video/audio to various other formats.

Any replies and suggestions much appreciated.

thanks!

All you need to do is demux the audio stream with DVDDecrypter. (IFOMode, stream processing). Then convert with besweet.

/MLS

Originally posted by TeknoJnky

Ive tried to find some guides, but most are directed at converting the dvd video/audio to various other formats.

Rip to wav first, then convert it to mp3.

How to extract audio from DVD

Yea, I was looking for a more unified program or process…

something being able to extract the ac3 or wave files by track/chapter…

I wanted to avoid doing the whole edit and separate all the tracks thing…

I wanted to avoid doing the whole edit and separate all the tracks thing…
All right. Although I don’t think that is too difficult, I’m used to it.

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

#1 DVD Audio Ripper is a powerful and easy to use tool for ripping your DVD audios.
With #1 DVD Audio Ripper you are able to convert DVD audios to MP3, WAV, OGG and WMA formats.
Stunning features including: extreme fast conversion speed cost only 30-50% of play time,
create standard mp3 files with ID3 tag playable on your portable mp3 player, batch file conversion,
convert audio of each chapter to an individual file, rip from specified start time to end time, automatically shutdown computer.
But that’s not all. #1 DVD Audio Ripper uses the advanced interface technologies offer you
a neat and handy user interface.

cool thanks for the links, ill check them out… appear to say they do exactly what i want…

appear to say they do exactly what i want…
Yes, they do. It took me 37m to rip a DVD á 1h36m into 25 .wav files.

Open DVDDecrypter…IFO Mode… Stream Processing… uncheck all but the chapter you want… Not difficult.

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS

Open DVDDecrypter…IFO Mode… Stream Processing… uncheck all but the chapter you want… Not difficult.

/MLS
Are you sure you’re talking about audio files (i.e. .wav, .mp3…), and not .IFO & .VOB ?

Yes thats where Stream processing comes in. Check the streams you want, click the stream and select DEMUX. Use the input tab for what chapters you want. It will demux your AC3 file for use with besweet or whatever you want to use.

Like this:

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS

thats where Stream processing comes in. Check the streams you want, click the stream and select DEMUX.
Believe me or not, but I’ve done all that…

…but this way is much more easier :

Click-click and a .wav/mp3 file is ready for you. And that’s the whole point about it ! :wink:

yep pretty cool, the only thing that appears to be missing is an audio preview… and the 5 minute encode limit on the trial… yuk

Well, if you want to pay money for that small automation, be my guest :). Just pointing out the free alternative.

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS

Just pointing out the free alternative.

/MLS
Yes, thanks for that !
A this [COLOR=blue]SW is also free…
…and not missing an audio preview >

• the option to normalize audio before its extraction .

FlaskMPEG > Run > Audio Player and “play” :wink: a little w the following stuff :

After the nolmalization goto : Run > Extract audio to .wav

[/COLOR]

To each his own eh, no need to get touchy.

/MLS

:bigsmile:

sorry to dig up an old thread but I just got DVD Audio Ripper 1.0 and normalized the tracks I wanted and then encoded them to mp3s and burned them onto a cd and everything just sounds way too crisp. I guess that’s the right word? Should I changed the output frame rate from 29.9hz to 23.9hz? Or maybe the mp3 bitrate or somethin else? thanks for the help
-Chris