DVD - Mobile for Bangkok Dangerous

I am running DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2 and I am trying to backup my copy of Bangkok Dangerous for playback on my Xbox 360. I copied the full DVD to my hard disk without a problem but when I switch to DVD - Mobile (Generic) to convert it to an Xvid file, the main movie title (Title # 1) is not listed in the Title List although a bunch of other smaller titles are.

I’m having the same problem with Disaster Movie and haven’t found a solution yet.

Did you check the DVD to Mobile Sub Forum ? It’s at the very top of this forum page, you might find your answer there in one of the post

Sure Jimbo, make us work :wink:

Yeah.[B]!!![/B] Jimbo…you know doing a search may cause the system to over heat :eek: :bigsmile:

I left the post in here as there was a lot more discussion about Bankok Dangerous (as I guess it’s a troublesome DVD in general - BAD DVD slap) but I did search in there and didn’t find any resolution in that forum either.

I noticed in your first post you said you copied the full disc to the hard drive, then later in the post you said something about the main movie title :confused: are you just wanting the main movie to convert for the Xbox ? if so what happens if you re-rip just the main movie to the hard drive and then convert just that ? will that work ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2207131]I noticed in your first post you said you copied the full disc to the hard drive, then later in the post you said something about the main movie title :confused: are you just wanting the main movie to convert for the Xbox ? if so what happens if you re-rip just the main movie to the hard drive and then convert just that ? will that work ?[/QUOTE]

Sorry… Should have been clearer… I just want the main movie to playback on my Xbox so I first tried to do a direct DVD - Mobile convert of the movie and didn’t find the main title (title #1). So, thinking it was some kind of copy protection, I thought I’d rip it to the hard drive and try it from there but I get the same results. It does copy the whole thing (4.05gb) and I can burn the directory back to a DVD and it plays fine, but I cannot convert it down to an Xvid AVI. I figure it must be something flaky with the IFO files and DVDFab.

Kmon, same problem here with Disaster Movie - another bad DVD - I used DVDFab to rip DVD to hard drive (i.e. DVD to DVD). No problem. VOB files are intact, movie plays when VLC is pointed at the directory - the movie is definitely there. But when fab analyzes it through the DVD to mobile option, the main movie doesn’t show up.

Your hunch that it might be something with the IFO files is worth investigating. I’ll try copying just the VOB files to another directory, and using IFO Edit to rebuild the IFO files, and see if I can point Fab at directory with the original VOB’s, and the rebuilt IFO’s, and see if it picks up the main move. I will report back on that.

I thought I would try your same suggestion with IFOEdit and after removing the old IFO/BUP files and letting IFOEdit build them, I tried to load it up in DVDFab but it just creashed - no error or anything, the program just closed. I probably didn’t do something right with IFOEdit though as I’ve never used it before.

Try processing the original disc using Customize/No Menus, Main Movie or Merge mode to a HDD folder. All three of these modes pretty much scuttle the original IFOs and make new ones to match the selected title extracted from the original. You can then disable PathPlayer when reading the decrypted/processed folder.

[QUOTE=signals;2208927]Try processing the original disc using Customize/No Menus, Main Movie or Merge mode to a HDD folder. All three of these modes pretty much scuttle the original IFOs and make new ones to match the selected title extracted from the original. You can then disable PathPlayer when reading the decrypted/processed folder.[/QUOTE]

I tried doing a Main Movie on the VTS_01_0.ifo file and it copied the main movie and a new set of ifo files to an output directory and DVDFab processed this new build perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Glad that it worked for you! Did you have to disable PathPlayer to read the folder or did it work OK with PathPlayer enabled?

[QUOTE=signals;2209417]Glad that it worked for you! Did you have to disable PathPlayer to read the folder or did it work OK with PathPlayer enabled?[/QUOTE]

Following your steps, I disabled PathPlayer prior to running the conversion so I don’t know if it would have worked with it enabled or not. Mind you, it was set to enable when necessary so I don’t know if it was using it or not.

I was looking for information to help the DVDFab authors put in a fix for this. Thanks for the followup.

[QUOTE=signals;2209433]I was looking for information to help the DVDFab authors put in a fix for this. Thanks for the followup.[/QUOTE]

Well, I still have the original ifp/bup files if that wouls help.

Thanks. I think they probably already have the original disc since they had to do some work to update the protection removal when it came out.

Thanks for the alternate solution.

I am able to report back that the IFO edit solution worked as well. Here are the steps I followed if anyone is interested: (Disaster Movie)

1. Ripped DVD to hard drive using “DVD to DVD” in fab

2. Copied VOB files that make up the main movie to another directory

VTS_01_1.vob
01_2, and
01_3

1. Used “Create New IFO files” function in IFO Edit with the following options:

Create 1 PGC Only
    Create chapter for 1st Cell only of each PGC

2. IFOEdit created multiple bup and ifo files.

3. When I pointed fab at the directory with all the files, the main move with play time of 1 hour 28 min. was visible.

When I tried all of the files on the DVD, fab crashed as KMon reported above. It was only when I used the VOB files from the main movie that I had success.

Just reporting back.

Thanks for the fix. I have run into several movies lately that I can’t rip b/c of this issue: Bangkok Dangerous, Disaster Movie, and Katt Williams Internet Dating. How frustrating.