DVD menu doesn't work

vbimport

Hello,
I just had this problem with a DVD: the menu just doesn’t work. i get the main menu, but none of the menu buttons function properly. Sometimes, after waiting for a long time one of them may respond. I tried playing on my PC as well as my DVD player, with the same result. So I thought of this: is there a tool available for fixing such issues? I found a few on the net, but would like to know what you recommend. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Ayiramala;2565199]Hello,
I just had this problem with a DVD: the menu just doesn’t work. i get the main menu, but none of the menu buttons function properly. Sometimes, after waiting for a long time one of them may respond. I tried playing on my PC as well as my DVD player, with the same result. So I thought of this: is there a tool available for fixing such issues? I found a few on the net, but would like to know what you recommend. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t tell us much like what kinda software and hardware your using the dvd on and if the dvd is commerical or backup or what kinda dvd???

[QUOTE=Ayiramala;2565199]Hello,
I just had this problem with a DVD: the menu just doesn’t work. i get the main menu, but none of the menu buttons function properly. Sometimes, after waiting for a long time one of them may respond. I tried playing on my PC as well as my DVD player, with the same result. So I thought of this: is there a tool available for fixing such issues? I found a few on the net, but would like to know what you recommend. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You’re getting into complicated territory as you’ll not only need to know what’s wrong before you can fix it but also how to fix it.

PgcEdit is the best software for fixing the menu commands but it will be difficult for anyone to advise what’s wrong without actually seeing the disc so you’re probably on your own there to a certain extent.

Read the help file that comes with PgcEdit as it’s very comprehensive and if you’ve any general queries I’ll do my best to assist, holidays permitting.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Usually a sign for a scratched media or a dirty lens…

[QUOTE=chef;2565251]Usually a sign for a scratched media or a dirty lens…[/QUOTE]

Could be damaged media then as according to the OP it does the same thing in different players.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for all the comments. I wasn’t home for a while, so I couldn’t respond earlier. Anyway, I’ll try Pgcedit. But I have to read the documentation first.