Dvd menu creation

vbimport

I have been using NeroVision Express2 to create DVD menus. I was wondering if there are any other programs that anyone could reccomend. I would like lots of options!. thanks!

… I don’t know if you know this site, but there’s
. . a lot of helpful information for you :cool:

DVD-lab try looking here: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220092

Beginner’s guide that shows “some” of the features.

I have been trying and trying to drag Movie 1 over to a name on Menu 1 to create a link. I have been doing this over and over and I simply can’t create the link

• nothing is happening when I try it. I have removed and re-installed the software and it still doesn’t work. Can anyone tell me what is wrong or is it something I have done? I have gotten this to work before, but no longer. I am at a work stoppage and considering purchasing another DVD authoring software. Any ideas?

RIP YOUR MOVIES THRU DVD SHRINK(NO COMPRESSION)REMOVE ANY UNWANTED AUDIO & SUBTITLE TRACKS.DOWNLOAD TITLESETBLANKER FROM ssh.sysh.de/titlesetblanker.html THEN LOAD YOUR MOVIE,SELECT WHAT TITLES YOU WANT TO REMOVE THEN HIT BLANK BUTTON.THIS WILL GIVE YOU A WORKING MENU,MOVIE & ANY EXTRAS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KEEP.YOU CAN THEN COMPRESS YOUR MOVIE TO 4.34GB USING DVD SHRINK AGAIN.ENJOY!

I resolved the problem noted above I believe by moving the name on Menu 1 over to another part of the screen and created the link that way. Once I did that, I dragged the name over to where I wanted it to appear on the menu.

I have been using producing DVDs for over a year now and it’s been a hit or miss for me, but mostly misses. Some of my wedding video clients and potential clients have trouble either playing back chapters or playing a video on their Sylvanias, Sony and Toshiba players. I am now using name brand DVD disks, but I am not sure if it’s the media or DVD-Lab. Oscar from MediaChance suggested I use Frame Indexing (tried it last night; will see if it works). If I fix that problem, that will be great, but sometimes the video freezes or doesn’t fast forward properly on certain DVD players. It could either be DVD player/firmware issues, age of the player (i.e., more than 2 years old) or the way I encode AVI to MPEG 2 using TMPgenc or simply DVD-Lab. Can anyone tell me any tweaks/adjustments I could make to DVD-Lab or TMPgenc to eliminate my problems? I have a Panasonic DVD player/recorder and it works great. I’ve been lulled into thinking all is well after I test one of my authored DVDs on that Panasonic DVD player/recorder. Thanks for any help.

Tom H.

DVDLab will ONLY output a DVD spec compliant dvd structure. If you try and go out of spec, dvdlab will give an error. Some can be ignored (such as SVCD aspect in a dvd project) and still play on most players.
Tmpgenc does NOT always output a compliant audio stream. Video, it’s pretty good at, providing you haven’t specifically changed a setting to a non-compliant video stream.
In order to be most compliant with both audio and video, leave tmpgenc’s defaults for aspect, framesize, and fps alone. Try increasing the Motion Search Precision. Higher is better, and this often helps a lot with ff and rew, and I have no idea why the two would be linked. Makes no sense, but then again, this is a hobby where very little makes sense sometimes :smiley:
Use ffmpeggui to transcode all audio to AC3, which is totally DVD spec. LPCM .wav and mp2 usually work, but are not dvd spec.
Panasonic is known to make some of the fussiest (fussyest?) players on the market, especially older ones, that won’t even play dvdr (yet they play SVCD)!
I doubt it’s your encoding (other than the audio I mentioned above), and it’s not DVDLab.