DVD media

vbimport

What’s the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?

I’m basically using my dvd writer for backing up my music files, pictures and video i record using my digital camera. Which DVD format would best suit my needs?

Thanks for your help

Probably no difference for the things you’re using them for :wink:

What’s the difference between searching for an answer and asking a question that’s been asked a lot? Oh, yeah, if you use the search, you won’t get smartass answers, like this.

[QUOTE=nova_gurl;2159001]What’s the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?

I’m basically using my dvd writer for backing up my music files, pictures and video i record using my digital camera. Which DVD format would best suit my needs?

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

either format should provide the same results. some older burners only support one format. some older players only support one format.

if you have a newer computer, with a newer dvd burner? dont worry about the -r or +r format. :slight_smile:

just use quality media! please read the links in my signature, found below. :slight_smile:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/

Apart from the technical issues, it’s basically what troy512 said already :slight_smile:

Thanks to those for answering my question.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2159110]What’s the difference between searching for an answer and asking a question that’s been asked a lot? Oh, yeah, if you use the search, you won’t get smartass answers, like this.[/QUOTE]

well great that you know everything and never have to ask a question.