DVD media + or -?

I have always understood that the BenQ1620 prefered DVD +R to -R.
I have managed to find a supplier of Taiyo Yuden in the UK but they delivered DVD -R by mistake (scan 1). Now that I have tested the same on DVD + R (scan2) I’m keeping the -R disks and returning the +R.

Although both scans were done on a pc with B7P9 the disks were burned using B7T9. Perhaps T9 is allowing -R to catch up ?

As far as I’m concerned both scans are fine -its just that scan 1 shows lower overall figures.

Does anyone thing that the differences between these scans is significant or that DVD + R is better than DVD -R in this case ?

They seem equally as good in this instance, so I’d say it’s a tossup as to which you keep.

I’d like to find some TYG02’s here locally to test. I’ve seen some great burns here on them!

rolling56, no Best Buy or Fry’s in your area?

Yes i have most all major stores here. No Fry’s. They simply don’t have any MIJ -R disks here. I check every couple weeks :wink:

Ah, well you’d probably be better off ordering from www.rima.com anyhow. The Fuji discs sometimes have quality issues (I attribute it to their handling of the discs).

I’ve thought about it but i hate to mail order stuff and my order get messed up and go through the hassle. I just keep hoping they will show up in the stores here.

Rima has an excellent reputation. I just recently got in a spindle of shiny silver YUDEN000T02 from them, no problems at all.

Don’t have RIMA TYs. However, for those with RIMA TYs and Fuji TYs, if you put a stack of say 10 RIMA next to 10 Fuji, do the OUTSIDE circumference of either stack look and feel smoother?

Yes i’ve heard nothing but good storys about them. But i should also mention the problem with my wife. I have 350+ disks here and she says i have enough. If i mail order she will see the bank statement or CC purchase. If i buy them locally with cash she won’t see nothing as they will blend in with my other media just fine lol

Edit: Sorry for this getting off topic HarrySmiith

[QUOTE=rolling56But i should also mention the problem with my wife. I have 350+ disks here and she says i have enough. If i mail order she will see the bank statement or CC purchase. [/QUOTE]
What was your wifes mobile phone number again…hehe :smiley:
We can shake hands…I’ve the same problem…what is enough, I’ve never enough…I want more…more…more :smiley: