[DVD MATCH] Toshiba SD-M1612 vs Liteon LTD-163

vbimport

:bow:

Who has got the tosh and who has the Liteon?

Which is the best? :confused:

I need it to do a lot of 'backups' and to play. I don't need a very noisy one either.

So what will it be?

:rolleyes:

I have the LTD163d and it has read all games I have. The newest game I read is GTA3 with no problems. It runs quiet, plays all my games fine and plays dvds fine.:smiley:

Originally posted by ww1912
I have the LTD163d and it has read all games I have. The newest game I read is GTA3 with no problems. It runs quiet, plays all my games fine and plays dvds fine.:smiley:

Same here and I agree:) .

I’ve had a LiteOn 163D and it was the best DVD I’ve owned, very quiet during operation and playback. Excellent for ripping files to make images. The only drawbacks I had was that it took ages to rip VCD’s. Another point is that the LiteOn is not particularly good at reading audio copy protection but the Toshiba is meant to be better. The makers of Clone are meant to have recommended the Toshiba drive as a reader though.

Finally bear in mind the LiteOn is going to be half the price of the Toshiba.

Hope that helps!

Also check out this thread too for addtional info:

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47662

chrome ;0)

has a region free Toshiba M1502 and works great.

I just bought a toshiba sd-m1612 for $36 ^^ found it on pricewatch… waiting for it to come within this week =)

I was thinking about the liteon too, but i heard that if u run xp the lite-on dies on u for no reason sometimes and since the support at lite-on is basically no existent. In the end, I choose to be safe and went with a major name brand… toshiba. I’ve heard lots of reviews on this drive… from ripping dvd to reading games… its all good. some ppl said it can only rip dvd at 2x but i also read it can rip at 10x … so who knows =). anywayz just wanted to share my experience on why i choose the Toshiba over the Lite-on ^^

good day

I have had the m1612 for a while now … and it simply reads everything you throw at it !

I also had a Pioneer slot-in also 16 speed … IMHO not as good a DVD drive as the toshiba.

The m1612 is quite and fast.

I have never used the Lite-On DVD drive so I can’t comment on that. (Allthough my Lite-On 24102B works great.)

In Short … I don’t think you wil regret it no matter which drive you choose … they are both great.