DVD Maestro and image size limit

I have compiled a title set which consumes about 4,705,000,000 bytes.

My blanks have more than 4,706,000,000 bytes free, but DVD Maestro rejects to create an image file and tells me that 4,700,000,000 is the limit :frowning:

Is there a workaround for DVD Maestro to tell it not to be that annoying, or do I have to create the image with different software?

Yes, I know that bad dvd-r media will not be written properly to that capacity…i have maxell 2x media :slight_smile:

You can also use Nero Burning Rom to backup .IMG files created by Maestro.

It’s worth the try.

MrSnake

Sorry I misread and thought Maestro wouldn’t burn the image, but it doesn’t want to create the image file :slight_smile:

Don’t let the bits and bytes fool you.
It can never burn that amount in pure data as the manufacturers says. There needs to be a lead-in and lead-out written as well, which takes up space too.

Cut something from the credits. Since the difference appears to be so little cutting off a few seconds should do the trick.

MrSnake

Not true. It can burn this amount of pure data; I’ve done that with Nero before with plain data dvds.

Leadin and Leadout are not included in the capacity which you can read with dvd decryptor and similar tools.

So I will have to make the image file with MKISOFS.

(the mode2 setting is nonsense of course…it is ignored for dvds :wink: )

Nice to know, but I think the software is also important.

For instance, I had a backup once (approx. 4.31GB) and RecordNow would not burn it, displaying: “insufficient space. insert disc with enough disc space”.
Yet the lay-out showed that there was still 71MB free.

Nero on the other hand didn’t complain and burnt the backup.

MrSnake

Then RecordNow has a bug :stuck_out_tongue:

In all my authoring I have not quite got that close to DVD limits so have not had a need to find a solution. However, my first reaction would be to try SpruceUp (Maestros little sister) and see if the problem is there as well.

I have authored with Maestro and burnt with Nero a 4.36gig project sucessfully but never actually noted the number of Bytes.

I have actually found an error in my title set; a wrong AC3 was applied to a menu, causing 50 MBs extra. Without that error, it works of course :slight_smile:

However, for all who still doubt about the capacity, I’ve just burned a plain data DVD with 4483 MB, which is about 4,700,000,000 bytes:

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]I have compiled a title set which consumes about 4,705,000,000 bytes.

My blanks have more than 4,706,000,000 bytes free, but DVD Maestro rejects to create an image file and tells me that 4,700,000,000 is the limit :frowning:

Is there a workaround for DVD Maestro to tell it not to be that annoying, or do I have to create the image with different software?

Yes, I know that bad dvd-r media will not be written properly to that capacity…i have maxell 2x media :slight_smile: [/B]

Why even make an image? Just compile the project with DVDMaestro, then setup Nero to burn a DVD Video project. Drag the VIDEO_TS folder that DVDMaestro made over and it will work fine.