Dvd laser eye adjustment

vbimport

hi,
i have a chinese dvd player. it had a problem that sometimes it played a dvd or cd very smoothly and sometimes with broken frames.the mechanic adjusted the laser,though problem solved but now some of my favourite dvd and cd give me bad cd message. i want to adjust the laser at home as my mechanic himself adjusted it without oscilloscope.i only want to confirm that keeping dvd adgustable variabl too high or on wrong position can harm laser eye at once.
any expertise is highly appreciated

[QUOTE=kuki;2129298]hi,
i have a chinese dvd player. it had a problem that sometimes it played a dvd or cd very smoothly and sometimes with broken frames.the mechanic adjusted the laser,though problem solved but now some of my favourite dvd and cd give me bad cd message. i want to adjust the laser at home as my mechanic himself adjusted it without oscilloscope.i only want to confirm that keeping dvd adgustable variabl too high or on wrong position can harm laser eye at once.
any expertise is highly appreciated[/QUOTE]

That’s news to me adjusting the laser. Are you sure the player itself isn’t dying out?? What kinda player do you have? Sounds like you need to get a new player possibly.

Its a focus adjustment. If you take it back to the technician, ask him to put a drop of glue on the adjustment screw after setting it.

in fact after posting here, i decided to open the dvd and do what i have to do. inserting troubled dvd into the tray and began rotating right side variable clockwise.aftera quite a while i managed to set the eye at a point that now my player play every dvd.
thanks to all responders.
take care