DVD Labeling

vbimport

Does anyone know how to label a DVD so DVD players that display the Titles of the movie can read the DVD. For example I bought american pie 2 and put in my DVD player and the DVD console it read the name of the DVD. When I make a copy of it I does not display.

You may have two issues here…

1. Are you talking about the volume label? That’s easy to do… in your recording software, look for it and enter a name. I use Nero and there’s a tab that says label… I click on that and enter a name. You can also enter the label name when you’re compiling it in Nero by clicking on the disc icon itself and typing in a label.

I used Record Now a couple of times and it was similar… I stopped using it because it takes longer to write than Nero… it does some stuff with the files first that takes 15 minutes or so. People claim that Record Now is more compatible, but I don’t care, Nero-burned discs play on my Sony player and when I buy another player, I’ll take sample discs with me, so that’s no problem.

1. The other thing is the Jacket Picture. Some newer DVD’s have a picture of the DVD cover art on the disc and Sony players will display the cover art when you’re in stop mode. If you want to preserve the cover art, just copy the JACKET_P folder on the DVD or you can make your own… there are guides out there somewhere, just search for Jacket Picture.

Thanks!!

I have using Record Now and It has not been working for me. I then switch to copy 2 DVD and still no luck. I have the Kenwood 400 disc DVD palyer. Thanks for the info on the picture. What type of picture can I use i.e. bitmap,jpeg,gif. I have used the wizard and manual mode in Record Now. I have not tried Nero yet. It works on my PC the Label shows, but not on my player

I used Record Now and it worked before (just took longer)… make sure you’re in Data mode and make sure that there’s an AUDIO_TS folder on the disc (even though it’s empty).

All of the folders, file names, labels, have to be in ALL CAPS. Otherwise, you may have problems. On Nero, from the Start Up wizard, I just select DVD-VIDEO and that works fine for me.

For Jacket Picture, check out this link:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140358&highlight=jacket

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I copied Big Touble and did exactly what you said. I Ripped the movie with DVD Dcrypter, then used dvd2one and finally used Record Now Max. I opened up record now max and cancelled the the wizard. I then clicked on the data tab. I then added the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS foldes. I Then gave it a tile in the label box BIG_TOUBLE and the burnt the movie. I then took it to my kenwood and no title came up.

Originally posted by Island Boy
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I copied Big Touble and did exactly what you said. I Ripped the movie with DVD Dcrypter, then used dvd2one and finally used Record Now Max. I opened up record now max and cancelled the the wizard. I then clicked on the data tab. I then added the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS foldes. I Then gave it a tile in the label box BIG_TOUBLE and the burnt the movie. I then took it to my kenwood and no title came up.

Adding the disc label and audio-ts folder does not make it display a title on your player. That just adds compatability. You need to add the JACKET_P folder (with the proper files inside) to you disc. Follow his link above to read more about that.

I read the post ,but it seems to specificall talk about Jacket Pictures. I even downloaded the instructions. My kenwood does not ready jacket pictures. I looked al through the directions and nothing on labeling or Titles.

You need to go into the settings for Copy2DVD and have it prompt for a label, i noticed it doesn’t do it automatically even though I filled in the label in DVD2One.

DId it really work for you? DId the Title of the movie display on your DVD player?