DVD-lab PRO how to

vbimport

Hello guys!

I have been trying, for some time, to find a way to have the same music for all menus playing continuous. When i go to a diferent menu i want to continue to hear the same music at the same point from the previous menu…

Thanks a lot for any help!!!

Ikki

Sorry i don’t understand what you mean, could you try and explain it again?

Hello!

Sorry for not being clear, my apologies!

I want to have a background music playing while iam browsing the menus in my DVD.

With DVD-lab PRO i only managed to have one music for each menu and not one music for all menus. Even if i put the same music in all menus, when i go to a diferent menu he starts the music from the begening instead of continue to play the music at the same point from the previous menu.

Is it possible to have the same music for all menus in the DVD, so that the music plays non-stop while iam browsing the DVD?

Thanks so much for your time and atention!

Ikki

Hi,

Not possible. Each Menu has its own audio stream which will play from the beginning at the time the menu is viewed(from the start). What you could try instead would be to use Motion Menus with the subpicture changing as per the menu choices(but even in this the menu will play the audio form the beginning,I think(just thinking aloud).

Hope this helps.
Unicorn23’.

Hello again!

unicorn23`and Jack_Hammerx thanks for the help!

I will try the motions menu…

Unicorn23’ do you know other DVD authoring software that might be more complete than DVD-lab PRO?

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Ikki

Hi Ikki,

Used to logon as Unicorn23` but have been inactivated for some reason. As far as your question goes in the reasonable category of softwares Dvd Lab pro is the best(i.e. sub 1000$ range) and daresay the easiest to use with the greatest flexibility but if you do not want all the menu features which this offers and want something simpler thenTMpg DVD author is the way to go.

Now if you really got some dough to burn then Sonic Scenarist is the “most complete” you could possible get in DVD authoring softwares but mind you it is 1000$+( do not know the exact price, even Hollywood uses it/ DVd Maestro is equally good).

Hope this helps.
Unicorn23`(till I was inactivated) Now angry 2005.

If any site managers are listening here is a copy of a mail to them:

"Hi,

Domin8tor or anyone else, I used to login with the ID unicorn23` but it seems my account has been inactivated without prior intimation by mail. If it is b’coz I made a comment of being ashamed to be an Indian it is b’coz of the frustration I’m feeling right now. My uncle lives 2 kms from the Tsunami affected coastline and over the past week has seen people begging by the thousands for food and water on the streets. Now remember these are people who have never stretched out their arms for anything their entire lives. They used to all earn a hard honest days living and live of the fruits of their labour. But here’s where it it gets really disgusting, my government(or let me correct that, the corrupt politicians who rule my country) have in a misplaced sense of pride and ego in our countries “SELF-RELIANCE”, refused all international aid. How many innocent men, women and children have to die and fall ill before the pride and ego of man is satiated. If I could I (and million oth!
ers in this country like me) would string up our politicians rather than see
these people suffer. Sorry about the anger but it has to be channeled in a
constructive manner.

Kind Regards.
Unicorn23`
Location Mumbai(500 miles from our Ground Zero)

Thanks.

PS: If I am banned, could you please inform me by email so I wont try and logon anymore(waste of valuable resources).

Hi,

First of all thanks to Domin8Tor and the rest of the CDfreaks Team for activating my account. But what I posted as “Angry2005” still are my deepest felt emotions and I stand by them.

Further On the previous post: (Again thinking aloud)

Sorry for the outburst but situation is only getting worse and nothing changes 'coz quarter of the aid(government of India allocation) meant for the victims goes into blackmarket siphoned of by the innumerable corrupt bureaucrats and politicians of whom there are too many to count to line their pockets and nothing WE the common people can do anything about. So let the victims suffer as long as these FEW S*@#$%S get rich, what say??. We dont have to die to go to HELL, it exists here on Earth amongst US. With “People like this” who needs Satan???.

Sorry No More Complaining, Griping. It ends here. Thanks for bearing with me.

Unicorn23`.

PS: I apologise again.

Hello,

Unicorn23’ thank you again for all your help.

I would like to have something to say that might confort you in any way, but i dont… i cant even imagine what you and your people are going through.
Even with all thats going on you found the time and patience to help me out, that reveals to me that whatever happens, you will not give up on trying to make a difference,you will not allow events , however terrible, to make you less than you should be! That gives me hope…

My toughts are with you and your people.

Ikki

Hi,

Thanks. Really appreciate your kind words. Hope what I said about Dvd Lab pro and the other softwares “DID” help you out. Update me on what s/w you finally settled on and how was your experience with it.

PS: Did you try out the motion menu thing. Did it work out?

Hello!

I have been using DVD-lab PRO and had a chance to see DVd Maestro and Sonic Scenarist, and i must say DVD-lab PRO is, using your own words, the easiest to use with the greatest flexibility. I didnt really had a chance to “play” with the other two, but from what i could see, i was a bit disapointed. DVD-lab PRO looks so much better and in no time i was able to do some pretty cool stuff with it, i cant say the same about the others. DVD-lab PRO is more intuitive i think, and has a lot of potential…

About the motions menu, i dont have much time now, college exams, so i didnt put much tought or effort to it, but when i get a break i will give my best to make it work! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all your help!!!

Ikki

Hi,

Glad to be of help.

Hy guy …I have a big problem with my dvd lab pro…i have 2 movies and 20 songs…I want to put the movies together and the song on background playing continuos one by one from the begining of the movie till the end (30 min one and 30 min the other one)…

Help !!! :bow:

Thanks

This is covered in the manual and in the main site tutorials and its support forum.

Basically you must join the movies together and put in the Video timeline and join all the songs together and put in the Audio timeline. Make sure the total time of video and audio match, else you just have to trim one of them.

There is no such thing in the manual or in some tutorials… I’m searching for some time…thanks any way !

If you have a motion picture, audio will play as long as video is going.
In still picture audio will play to the end of audio.
What [B]toaddub[/B] is telling you is that if you have two movies and want them to play as one, you have to join them first, than join all your audio files an import all this to DVD Lab.
Like him and I said before, make sure that combined audio file is as long( in minutes ) as your video file, otherwise audio will be cut off at the end of video play.
Other way would be to import two separate movies into the same VTS and link end of first to start of second, make two audio files, each with half of the songs and set one audio file to each movie. Running time rule still apply. You may get slight pause when end of first movie go to start of second, but it will work.