Dvd is blank after "successful write"

i have updated ver. of clonedvd2 and use dvd decrypter. my burner is pioneer dvd-rw dvr-k13ra… firmware updated… i go through everything, everything works fine but when i try to play my dvd, nothing can read it. not several dvd players, xbox, computer… anything. i look on the back of the dvd and usually you can tell if something has been writing on it but there is just one little circle right outside the middle hole, about a 1/50th of an inch wide. i dont know what the problem is and have read every post on this site bout clonedvd2. i used to use dvdxopy til that went outta business and everything worked fine. the wholre process takes normal time to go through, it just doesnt produce the slightest bit of sound or video… someone please help me, this is my last resort

@ moss025,

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD-CloneDVD. To avoid any confusion always state the name and version of the software you are using when posting at the Forum.

Using either DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com) or DVD Info (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) post the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD media you are using to make you back up copies. Also post the current firmware version of your Pioneer DVR-K13ra.

During the DVD back up process have you curtailed all background actives including any Anti-Virus programs? Also do you have any packet writing software programs installed. The following are examples of packet writing software programs –Drag-To-Disc, DirectCD, InCD, DLA (Drive Letter Access), CE Quadrant Just!Burn, FileCD, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn, Drag to Disc. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. Suggest firing up Google (http://www.google.com) and do a search for packet writing software programs, which should reveal an extensive comprehensive list. If you have any packet writing software program remove any and all packet writing software programs. It is well documented that packet writing software program cause conflict error problems.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I have the same situation. I use AnyDVD 5.5.5.1 and CloneDVD 2.8.5.1. I recently upgraded my burner from a Sony DRU710a to a Sony DRU810A. That is when I have come across the problem stated here. I use no packet writing software and make sure I have things like antivirus and spyware programs shut down. Firmware on burner up to date also.

I had issues burning some of my home DV movies as well. But I went down to a 4x burn rate and that is ok. I also can no longer burn to some 8x rated dvd’s at all. I purchased some 12x and they helped. I also can burn to Verbatum Dual Layer ok. The 12x have not solved the blank DVD senario stated here though.

Is there a way to throttle CloneDVD as far as write speed? Does it look at what you have set in windows?

I did set max write in windows to

(1. Double-click My Computer, right-click your CD-R drive, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Recording tab, select the speed the CD recordable media will be written at under Desktop CD Recording, and then click OK.)

4x for my burner and this did not help. It did help for some senarios.

I also use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.0 for making the home movies on DVD. That you can adjust write speed and it helps. So for me issues arose when I went to the DRU810A. I have two identical PC’s and both react the same way. Below are the specs:

MSI 875P Neo-FISR (PCB 2.0)
Intel 3.0 GHz P4
BFG GeForce 6800 Ultra 256
Maxtor 300 gig (8 meg cache)
Sony DRU810A

@ Niemand_amundo,

It appears that you need to visit the CD Freaks Lite-On/Sony DVD Burner Forum and research the forum for a firmware that will improve your data write/burn quality that correctly supports the rated speed of you media. If you are using good reliable quality media and have the correct firmware you should be able to write/burn data at the rated speed of media with out any problems.

In CloneDVD the writing of data speed is controlled in the CloneDVD program. To set the writing of data speed navigate to the 4th page of CloneDVD ‘Output Method’ page and select the desired speed in the “Preferred Speed’ box.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Personally I find that slower is better… the same being true of copying DVDs… sorry, couldn’t resist, but seriously, changing the burn speed to 4X can improve the reliability of copying a DVD.

Sometimes though, you just get a bad batch of DVDs and they all turn into coasters.

I used to own a Sony DVD burner, and it gave me no end of trouble burning at high speeds, in the end I had to switch to slower media and slower burn speeds - even then it would still occasionally spit out a coaster.

@gogina
Slower is better is not entirely true, sometimes slower produces worse results than faster. If you use quality media only, and your firmware is up to date, you should be able to burn at the rated high speed with that media without problems. Some burners may not like a particular media, try changing to another quality brand and see if that improves your burns at a higher than 4 speed rate if so rated.
In addition, if you buy quality media you should never get a bad batch, perhaps 1 every so often in a bunch of spindles, the quality control is far better, as are the dyes they use.

My firmware is up to date as stated in first paragraph. I must agree with gogina that slower is better. With marginal media that is. I do however agree that a big part of it is in the quality of the media and yes making sure firmware is up to date. If I could afford it I would be using Verbatum DVD+R DL for all my projects. As I stated I have no issues with them. But I just finished taping a Macbeth play for my daughter and most of her friends want a copy. That would be very costly for me. My copy will be Verbatum DVD+R DL though.

My opinion is that you have to find a happy medium. What burns best at what speed with a certain media and certain application. Some trial and error. But I have found that burn speed has fixed most of my problems.

I did adjust the burn speed for CloneDVD and the burn worked just fine this time.

@ Niemand_amundo,

Please re-read my #4 posting. I did not mention anything about ‘up to date’ firmware. What I did suggest was visiting the CD Freaks Lite-On/Sony DVD Burner Forum and research the Forum for a firmware that will improve your data write/burn quality that correctly supports the rated speed of you media.

The reason I suggested that was because you stated you upgraded your burner from a Sony DRU-710A to a Sony DRU810A. The Sony DRU710A is a rebadged Lite-On SHOW-1653S and the Sony DRU-810A is a rebadged BenQ DW1640. I really don’t know how you 710A@810A in seeing that the Sony and BenQ have different chipsets. I believe you would be better off with Lite-On SHOW-1653S firmware’s (BYX5) for your Sony DRU-710A.

As stated before if you are using good reliable quality media and have the correct firmware you should be able to write/burn data at the rated speed of media with out any problems. The firmware strategy is written in a manner that optimize the burning quality of the media which means slower burning speed does not necessary equate to better quality.

Best Regards,
bjkg

I upgraded by removing my DRU710A and installing a DRU810A. Physical change. I moved DRU710A to a slower PC.