DVD -> iPod: Aspect Ratio for Widescreen Distorted (bug/fix?)

I’m using DVDFab Platinum v4.0.1.2 and converting DVDs to iPod. The problem I’m experiencing is that I set up a queue of movies to convert with an aspect ratio of 16:9 using an output resolution of 592x384, which seems to work for me. Let’s say I have 10 movies in my queue all set up identically… well, the first few convert properly, but something happens to where the black widescreen bars are no longer horizontal, rather they go vertical and distort the frame (see screenshots). Is this a known bug? Anyone else having this problem? Your inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Normal Conversion

Widescreen Conversion Distorted

May be a bug, I have never seen this effect except with VOB Passthrough mode on some movies. Have you tried upgrading to the latest version (4.0.1.6)? Are all of the movies in your queue the same aspect ratio? Do the ones that are distorted convert normally if you do them alone?

[quote=sjquicksilver;1953603]I’m using DVDFab Platinum v4.0.1.2 and converting DVDs to iPod. The problem I’m experiencing is that I set up a queue of movies to convert with an aspect ratio of 16:9 using an output resolution of 592x384, which seems to work for me. Let’s say I have 10 movies in my queue all set up identically… well, the first few convert properly, but something happens to where the black widescreen bars are no longer horizontal, rather they go vertical and distort the frame (see screenshots). Is this a known bug? Anyone else having this problem? Your inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Normal Conversion

Widescreen Conversion Distorted
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

No, I haven’t upgraded to 4.0.1.6 as I didn’t see any mention of this problem in the fixes for this version. I’ve been experiencing this sometime since the mid-3.0 versions. All movies in the queue are the same aspect ratio and all settings are identical. Yes, they do convert normally when done alone. The problem is consistant with any movie with a widescreen aspect ratio and converted in batches… the first few okay, but something goes wrong and distorts the balance of movies. Very time consuming having to re-convert the movies.

hi,

I will check this problem …

Thanks, Ting!:slight_smile: Another unusual problem in this thread. Everyone appreciates your help and hard work on DVDFab.

Hi
I’m having the same problem using Generic on both versions 4032 & 4040. I’m using a set aspect ratio of 768x432, i’m converting TV series with identical input file characteristics.
Any thoughts on the reason. I have had to go back to AutoGK for batch conversions.
Phil

Hi
I might have a realy wankie way around this problem.
I noticed the first new batch i ran the problem never occured but every batch since it has. On the first batch i extracted the subtitles as a separate file by mistake and on the problem batched i didn’t select any subs at all.

So i have just run a new batch of 8 files and have selected extract subs as a separate file and what do you know no aspect ratio problems???:bigsmile:

I have no idea why but maybe there is a problem when one process just runs into the next with no break?? By adding the subs this puts a small break in the process even if it is just a sec or so to write the sub file. Anyhow i’ll keep going as it is working at the moment.

Phil

Hi
I have done about 20 files now with no problems at all. :smiley: So i tried another batch without extacting the subs and the second file again had the aspect ratio distorted…???

Phil