DVD in my player makes this ticking sound at start

Hi everyone I just purchased a Sony DVD/CD rewritable drive which came with the Nero Software and a Philips DVD recorder/Harddrive. I’ve been trying to burn movies using Nero Recode 2 and everything works great but when I put the DVD into my player is makes this ticking sound when the disc begins to spin. I would really like to get rid of this problem. Does anyone have any idea’s on how to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thank you very much for your time.

Devon

It’s probably the brand of DVDs your using. I bought some COMPUSA pack of dvd-rs and they sucked, wouldn’t burn anything but data. You should also get DVD Shrink it’s faster then Nero and it removes copy protection. By the way what brand of DVDs are you using?

I’m using Maxell DVD+R DVD’s.

Thanks alot for your help, if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Devon

Disc drives do all kinds of weird noises. I remember my first portable CD player whistling as it spun up the disks. I think you’ll just have to deal with it.

My Philips dvp-642 standalone divx / dvd player makes a ticking sound with many burned discs. I hadn’t noticed but someone on another board complained that his Philips was ticking very loud. I only hear mine within a few inches of the drive but it doesn’t affect the performance of my player and I forgot about it again until I read your thread.
It seems to be nothing. Might be the fact I use a lot of DVD/RW or the other cheap stuff I burn. :bigsmile: