DVD Identifier Problem

Hi all,

I found this forum thru the Digital Video Forum (Digital Digest). I just d/l’d DVD Identifier v5.01 and was trying to find out the mfr of Verbatim DVD+R DL but when I run Identifier I get this error message:

ERROR: Unable To Initialize Disc In Time : Not Ready - Incompatible Medium Installed [02/30/00]

I have an MSI DVD R / RW drive (about 4 years old) and it just occurred to me that it probably cannot burn a double layer disc. How can I verify this?

Thanks for helping a n@@b out! :flower:

Well, there’s checkboxes on the top of DVD Identifier. If the DVD+R DL checkbox is empty, you can’t burn it.
Nero InfoTool can display this too…

I just tried an older Memorex DVD+R and Identifier shows it is a Ricoh. The MSI must not be dual-layer capable. BTW, I plan to switch to Taiyo Yuden exclusively. Also, the discs will be used in my home theater Toshiba RD-XS35 DVD recorder.

Hi Evilboy,

Thanks for replying so fast! What a good catch - I had glanced at those boxes but then spaced 'em out. All of the “DL” boxes are un-ticked. I really appreciate the assist.

Hi [B]borat007[/B], welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

• Moved thread to subforum * *

Hi DrageMester,

Thanks for the welcome. I don’t know if I would’ve ever located this subforum on my own. :rolleyes:

I see that your location is Denmark - are you a Dane? I am 50% Danish (the better half, as Dad would say).

[Off-topic]

Technically, no I’m not a Dane. I still have my Norwegian citizenship, but I’ve been living in Denmark since I was 5 years old, so for most intents and purposes I’m far more Danish than Norwegian.