Changes in latest version (V3.3) - released June 1st, 2004 :
- Support for double-layer DVD+R (DVD+R DL) and 16x DVD+R discs.
- Through the use of an internet-updatable database the Manufacturer IDs are now displayed together
with their full manufacturer name (e.g. ‘MCC’ is now also shown as ‘Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.’).
- Support for DVD-RAM.
- Added a warning indicating that 8x DVD-R discs cannot be detected.
Even though 8x detection code is in-place no drives currently report sufficient ‘write strategy’-information to make this work.
Note that although 8x detection by analysis of the ‘Media code’-block currently does not work
you will still get 8x write descriptors if your drive is capable of writing at this speed.
- Added a ‘More info’-button that will redirect to an on-line resource that contains additional information.
- Slightly different, more detailed method of reporting the certified recording speeds of DVD+R/+RW discs.
- The Media ID on DVD+R/+RW discs is now shown as a 3 digit ID (e.g. 03 is now shown as 003)
- Various small changes, fixes and improvements.