DVD High Compatibility Borders?

What does “DVD High Compatibility Borders” mean :confused:

I get this every time I put in a fresh unformatted never used DVD+RW into my drive and then burn an image.

It’s for higher compatibility with old DVD readers. Basically, if the total size of the files you’re writing on the DVD is lower than 1 GB, the recording software will “fill” data (by generating a bigger leadout, from what I remember) up to 1 GB of data (so you’ll always write at least 1 GB of data per session).

In Nero, you can change this settings in Recorder Options, and your leadout times will drop dramatically when writing less then 1 GB of data. The DVD won’t probably be read in stand-alone players, but if you use it just for the computer it’ll probably be ok.

I get the High Compatibility Borders added even when burning over 4GB of data on my +RW.

Well, why don’t you just disable it then ?

on an rw it probably means that it is setting the FAT up to have high-compat

I am having a slight problem. I have various images of different dvds. When i burn them on a rw disk it burns and plays fine 100% on my home cinema system(samsung httx35r region free). I have noticed when burning as rw disk nero says burning high compatibility borders.
Now when i burn the same images on to normal dvd-r the disks dont work on my home cinema system but they work on other dvd players. Why is this, seeing as the dvd players it does work on are older than the home cinema system which is new. This problem has meant i wasted many disks. Any one know a solution to this problem. I was using nero 7 but now i have nero 8 but i will need to buy some more dvd-r disks before i can see if that solves problem.

[QUOTE=immadahmad;2049678]I am having a slight problem. I have various images of different dvds. When i burn them on a rw disk it burns and plays fine 100% on my home cinema system(samsung httx35r region free). I have noticed when burning as rw disk nero says burning high compatibility borders.
Now when i burn the same images on to normal dvd-r the disks dont work on my home cinema system but they work on other dvd players. Why is this, seeing as the dvd players it does work on are older than the home cinema system which is new. This problem has meant i wasted many disks. Any one know a solution to this problem. I was using nero 7 but now i have nero 8 but i will need to buy some more dvd-r disks before i can see if that solves problem.[/QUOTE]

HOW exactly have you created that images?

its not the images, theyre exact images of some r1 movies. Its the way theryre being burnt. The dvd plays fine if i burn them on a rewritable disk but doesnt load on my dvd player if i burn the same image on a normal dvd-r disk