DVD has quit working

Being new with computers, I am at a loss. My printer quit working so I uninstalled it to reinstall (which I have done before). When I tried to run the software for the printer, it would not run. I then tried to run several other CD’s including an audio cd. Nothing happens. No noice, no humming, nothing. Can someone tell me what to do? Do I need to take it somewhere to get it checked or is there something I can do? :bow:

Have you rebooted since the unistall? You can unistall the drive in the device manager and then restart your computer, just might help?

Yes I have turned it off and restarted it after I uninstalled the printer. If I uninstall the cd/dvd driver, how will that make it work again? (sorry to sound dumb in this area). Then, when I restart it, will it find it again like it found the printer? Yes, it does find the printer, but I cannot get the software to install so I can us the printer because the cd won’t read it…

[QUOTE=noogie1;1966137]Being new with computers, I am at a loss. My printer quit working so I uninstalled it to reinstall (which I have done before). When I tried to run the software for the printer, it would not run. I then tried to run several other CD’s including an audio cd. Nothing happens. No noice, no humming, nothing. Can someone tell me what to do? Do I need to take it somewhere to get it checked or is there something I can do? :bow:[/QUOTE]

What kind printer and software are you trying to install? You being to general on what kinda software it is and printer?? What kinda system and O/S do you have? Do you have any other CD/DVD burning software installed? What kinda firewall and Antvirus do you have installed? What do you mean your printer quit working can you be more specific as to the nature of the printer problem?? Also when does the problem show up? Also how old is your hardware itself and those CD are they manufacture CD not burned CD or DVD? There is alot to take into consideration when asking for help so being detailed and specific as possible will help those reading to see if your problem matches their solution otherwise we just be giving solutions without knowing what setup you have???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1966319]What kind printer and software are you trying to install? You being to general on what kinda software it is and printer?? What kinda system and O/S do you have? Do you have any other CD/DVD burning software installed? What kinda firewall and Antvirus do you have installed? What do you mean your printer quit working can you be more specific as to the nature of the printer problem?? Also when does the problem show up? Also how old is your hardware itself and those CD are they manufacture CD not burned CD or DVD? There is alot to take into consideration when asking for help so being detailed and specific as possible will help those reading to see if your problem matches their solution otherwise we just be giving solutions without knowing what setup you have???[/QUOTE]

Your the man COOLCOLORS! I agree… :bow::bow:

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Hahaha

Sorry. It is a Lexmark All in one - print, scan, copy - X75 printer. It is manufatur DVD that I was trying to use to reload the printer software. I am running windows XP. This is a desktop pc that was built for me. I have mcfee installed. The printer kept saying that it was not communicating with the PC so after I had turned if off and restarted everyting it still was not working. So I thought I would uninstall the printer and reinstall it hoping that would make it work again. The ink cartridge was new but it still was not printing. The printer is several years old but the PC was just made last year. I am not sure that I have a firewall, but if so, it would be with the mcafee.

sounds like software conflict. He needs a cleaner before a good diagnosis can be …from a cd freak dude or chick?