DVD Freezes

vbimport

I used Nero-6 to make backup of my movies and I noticed that sometimes the movie would freeze for a few seconds a few times.

I understand there are many factors like the burner, the media. etc. My question is if I work on something (like surfing the net, working on a Word document, etc) while burning the DVD, would this cause the freezings?

Hi,

I to am just new and have log a question along the same lines as you.
If you have a look at CJSRAV you will see that I have no problems burning the cd with dvd shrink, which then uses Nero v6 to burn.
Unfortunately after about 5 to 6 plays it then starts to freeze, sometimes for seconds to minutes until it will not go any further.
Someone suggested that Nero v6 might have some software bugs, as I do nothing with the computer when it is burning.
All my hardware is new and good stuff. I don’t now what to do its driving me glazy. I would be crateful if there is someone out there that could help us both.
PS. Do you now where I could get Nero v9 (I think) as a free down load.

Kind regards

cjsrav

Hello Folks,

If you perform a Forum Search on the topic it will reveal that it is highly recommended to ensure a quality error free Burn that ALL background activity be curtailed when conducting Burning activities. This background activity includes all invasive Anti-Virus and/or Packet Writing programs.

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely removing them from your computer. Packet Writing Software Programs are very invasive, cause numerous conflict error problems, and do not perform correctly.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the proper operation of your CD/DVD Burning software program that could be causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Also have you ensured you don’t have invasive SpyWare inadvertently installed on your computer, which can interfere with the proper operation of CD/DVD Burning software program? Suggest visiting Spybot Search & Destroy (http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html).

Best Regards,
bjkg

Poor quality media and/or fast burn rates generally cause these types of errors. Any multitasking can also contribute.

Hello Folks,

The focus of my #3 posting was to address Forum Member mis3 inquiry concerning background Multi-Tasking during the CD/DVD Burning process.

As Forum Member bilbo65 points out most certainly using known high quality blank DVD Media and Burning at or slightly below Media rated speed is given when desiring to produce quality error free results. Just because blank DVD Media is packaged in familiar well know Brand Name package is not an indicator that the particular blank DVD Media is of high quality. A prime example is Memorex DVD Media, which if conducting a Forum search will reveal that Memorex DVD Media is pure garbage and should be avoided.

To obtain information concerning known high quality blank DVD Media suggest visiting the CD Freaks Blank Media Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33). In many circles Taiyo Yuden is considered proven top of the line high quality Media. Rima.Com (http://rima.com) is considered a reliable source of Taiyo Yuden Media. Locally FujiFilm or Sony media is reliable Media if the package clearly states Made In Japan and avoid (do not perchance) FujiFilm or Sony Media manufactured in any other country other than Made In Japan because the quality is unknown and considered suspect.

Another facture in obtaining quality error free results is current up to date DVD Burner Firmware. Below is a PC World article that explains the importance of current up to date DVD Burner Firmware.

Best Regards,
bjkg

cjsrav –

Did you ever get your DVDs to work ?