Dvd freezes inconsistantly

vbimport

hiya after finally getting my veba incar dvd player to play burnt dvds its started to freeze at different points and then skips a scene and starts up till next time,im using nero and imgburn,verb discs burnt @16 speed,booktyped at dvd-rom,my drive is a ts-l632h,firmware TMCO,ive used opti drive control 1.41 and all i got on the graph was green lines on both the graphs including the jitter graph.ive tried dvdinfopro but im getting viruses in it so cant d/load it,what can i do to get rid of this annoying thing?thanks

secondly ive got dvd dazzle creator,i done some video to dvd footage for my sis in law she is now saying the video is out of sync,how can that be ,she said the scene is different to what the audio is as the next scenes audio is coming before it should,so basically shes bathing her baby but can hear her eldest in the bedroom but that scene hasnt even come yet,im baffled now do you think the drive is recording faster than what the dvd is recording,ive done it direct to drive folder as well as direct burn to dvd,i cant find the burn speed setting on dazzle dvd creator,thanks in advance.

Try slowing down the burn speed to 8x and see if that helps with the skipping problem.

Audio/video sync problems are usually caused during the encoding process. What format is the original video in before you process it with the dazzle program? It is possible, though not simple, to correct audio/video sync problems in dvd video, but you’d rather not have them at all. Look for a better conversion/authoring program, like Adobe Premiere Elements.

Here is a recent guide on how to correct synchronization if the audio is a constant amount off from the video throughout playback: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic374348.html

You can also try the Quickstream fix tool in VideoReDo TV Suite (there is a free trial). The Quickstream fix tool is much simpler to use, but you might have to reauthor the dvd after using it.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2454398]Try slowing down the burn speed to 8x and see if that helps with the skipping problem.

Audio/video sync problems are usually caused during the encoding process. What format is the original video in before you process it with the dazzle program? It is possible, though not simple, to correct audio/video sync problems in dvd video, but you’d rather not have them at all. Look for a better conversion/authoring program, like Adobe Premiere Elements.

Here is a recent guide on how to correct synchronization if the audio is a constant amount off from the video throughout playback: http://forum.videohelp.com/topic374348.html

You can also try the Quickstream fix tool in VideoReDo TV Suite (there is a free trial). The Quickstream fix tool is much simpler to use, but you might have to reauthor the dvd after using it.[/QUOTE]

hey kerry thanks for that,the files are a video ts when i save it to hdd but i also just directly burn the 8mm cassette to the dvd burner via the camcorder and ill burn at 8 rather than 16 and see what happens

i used converxtodvd for the video ts folder

burnt at 8 speed but no luck it still freezes when it wants to,ive used 4,8,16 speed using verb discs on nero and imgburn,the originals work fine no freezing,the burnt dvds work fine on my pc and the standalone dvd player in the house,so what am i missing ive changed discs but doesnt like any of them except verbs,i have booktyped to dvd-rom too,where am i going wrong?
i dont have nything running on my pc whilst im burning ,ive heard if your anti virus programme is running that could cause the problem of freezing/skipping too,dont know how true it is but my eset security icon is on the bottom right of my pc as quick launch .

signal input from camcoder directly may be slower than the lowest dvd writer speed.
skipping can occur.
try copying the file from tape to hdd and then burn on dvd.
that way you can test the signal level of the file by playing it first.

[QUOTE=padoor;2454787]signal input from camcoder directly may be slower than the lowest dvd writer speed.
skipping can occur.
try copying the file from tape to hdd and then burn on dvd.
that way you can test the signal level of the file by playing it first.[/QUOTE]
ive tried the video to hdd then to dvd but thats where im getting the problems from,the sync is out and the picture freezes abit

do you have a video level control in the line output of cam coder or video input of computer?
the sync problems can come from high level composite video signals.
usually redusing input levels corrects the sync problems [i have tried in VCR -TV line in.]

[QUOTE=padoor;2454796]do you have a video level control in the line output of cam coder or video input of computer?
the sync problems can come from high level composite video signals.
usually redusing input levels corrects the sync problems [i have tried in VCR -TV line in.][/QUOTE]
thanks for info but where could i get this info from my camcorder or pc? im using dazzle dvd creator to tranfer the 8mm video cassettes to the pc

dazzle dvd creator
i checked the site of this gadget.you have paid money for this device. why not ask them about your sync problem?
they may have some internal control in the box.